JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I watched the testimony -- most of it was what you would expect, although there was this one guy who talked about how, prior to the state preempting firearm restrictions, he was arrested when he stopped at a gas station to fill up his tank while he was traveling (he didn't know the town). Apparently, there was a bar around the corner from the gas station which he didn't know about and could not see from the station. The town had an ordinance about not having firearms "near" a bar and he got arrested. He said it was eventually cleared up but only after years of effort and thousands of dollars. He was almost in tears recounting this story.

Another person testified that there actually about 2000 different political subdivisions in WA state, each of which could enact different laws.

Pretty obviously, this preemption bill is a big deal -- it's a backdoor to a total ban by making it ridiculously risky for anyone to travel with a firearm. Just going to a hunting area two counties over would require a massive amount of research on whether you can even get there legally.

The "enhanced background checks" for assault weapons and high-capacity magazines are so laughable. It's easy to tell the law is written by some policy nerds that have zero practical experience. Local agencies that do background checks routinely do a worse job than the FBI.

HB 2666 - DIGEST Addresses the regulation of firearms by local governments.

This could potentially create a quilt of differing handgun laws across the state.
http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2017-18/Pdf/Bills/House Bills/2666.pdf
That is exactly what I wrote to Rep. Bill Jenkin about and he replied to me today. Jim, I will not be supporting ANY bill that interferes with our 2nd amendment constitutional right.
He gets another kaching from me next time he runs. Didn't hear back from Maureen Walsh or Terry Nealy yet. Hope to.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top