JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
NEWS FLASH: I just ended a conversation with Holly Russel, Executive Director of the Oregon Sheriff's Association. She informed me that their office and or lobbist submitted a hard copy of their position to the house judicary committed on or about 4/4 and 4/5. There position is against all four bills. It would be great if someone local to Salem could extract this document and get it into the hands of the newspapers. Holly was very nice on the phone. Nice to have them on our side.

Just sent him an Email asking if it would be O.K. but have noticed its He's all over the conservative blogs already. I wouldnt be surprised if fox played it soon. It would be really good if local news did a story on it though.

Email just came back undelivered.

I received a gun bill update email from Rep. Esquivel today......

Gun Bill and Second Amendment update.

This last week brought four Senate Bills regarding gun control up for a hearing. The hearing room was packed as well as four overflow rooms holding 50 or so people each. Yes, the Capitol was full. There was some excellent testimony and then not so excellent – but I have included a link to a YouTube video worth listening to. Manuel Martinez gives a very compelling testimony.

COMMUNISM SURVIVOR BLASTS SALEM GUN GRABBERS: "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT FREEDOM IS!" - YouTube

----------> After four hours of testimony it is our understanding that Sen. Prozanski intends to move forward with these bills. <---------- I encourage you to continue to send the individuals on this committee emails and letters and telephone calls reminding them just how important that the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States not be infringed. Please be polite, circumspect, remain strong on your principles &#8211; no insults!! Thank you

Chair
Senator Floyd Prozanski
Vice-Chair
Senator Betsy Close
Senator Jackie Dingfelder
Senator Jeff Kruse
Senator Arnie Roblan

We have had over 4000 emails in my office regarding the gun bills and the potential infringement of our Second Amendment rights. Please help us stay on top of these bills coming through Sen. Prozanski's Judiciary Committee.

OLIS https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2013R1 will gives you instant access and current information regarding all the bills and where they are and what is going to happen to them as well as contact information for each member of the committees.

We want you to know that your continued involvement is extremely important. Please keep up the good work.

Looks like there is a workgroup session for SB 796 (Bringing the Texas firing range test to Oregon) on Thursday April 11th.

The latest agenda on the website shows 796 and the other 3 bills scheduled for a work session tomorrow, April 10th.

Barring some major catastrophe, I'll be there and will report the results of the vote in real time as they go along.

I just sent the link with Mr. Martinezs' testimony to someone that is involved with Fox News

Would she have to get his permission to air this.

She is an investigative reporter and can hopefully expose this and put Salem on notice before they vote

URGENT ALERT: Requires immediate action. Cease Fire Oregon just sent out a striking e-mail to there members to contact Senator Roblan immediatedly and ask him to vote yes on SB 347-no guns in public schools, SB 700-backgrounds checks, SB 699 limiting guns in state capitol, SB 796 Firearms training/range test for CHL. Conversely please contact or phone call Senator Roblan and have him say no to all of the above bills.
His phone number is 503-986-1705. His e-mail is [email protected]. He is the deciding vote and the measures will be voted on tomorrow. Please circulate this announcement ASAP.

^^^ Done and with another email in support of opposition. I really doubt that they will all be struck down in committee. There is very strong suport for 700 so it's quite possible that it will hit the floor for a vote.

I was at the Senate Judiciary Committee today testifying on a different bill, SB 40 was carried over from today to tomorrow's agenda due to some paperwork not being ready. There were 4 or 5 people there to testify on SB 40, so that bill will likely be heard first and take up some time tomorrow.

Tomorrow's agenda is extremely full as it stands right now; I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't get to the gun control bills tomorrow and they were carried over to another meeting.

URGENT ALERT: Requires immediate action. Cease Fire Oregon just sent out a striking e-mail to there members to contact Senator Roblan immediatedly and ask him to vote yes on SB 347-no guns in public schools, SB 700-backgrounds checks, SB 699 limiting guns in state capitol, SB 796 Firearms training/range test for CHL. Conversely please contact or phone call Senator Roblan and have him say no to all of the above bills.
His phone number is 503-986-1705. His e-mail is [email protected]. He is the deciding vote and the measures will be voted on tomorrow. Please circulate this announcement ASAP.

SAY NO ON ALL 4 BILLS. oR EMAIL AS WELL. THE OREGON STAE SHERIFF'S ASSOCIATION HAD TOLD BE THEY OPPOSE ALL 4 BILLS. THANKS.

I e-mailed Senator Roblan and already got a response from his LA. Here is what the message says:

Senator Roblan appreciates hearing from you. It is an important day for him tomorrow because he will be casting his vote for or against.

As Scalia said in a recent Supreme Court decision "There seems to us no doubt, on the basis of both text and history, that the Second Amendment conferred an individual right to keep and bear arms. Of course the right was not unlimited, just as the First Amendment 's right of free speech was not, see, e.g., United States v. Williams, 553 U. S. ___ (2008). Thus, we do not read the Second Amendment to protect the right of citizens to carry arms for any sort of confrontation, just as we do not read the First Amendment to protect the right of citizens to speak for any purpose. ."

Senator Roblan has been receiving numerous phone calls and emails both for and against this legislation, and your input is much appreciated and has been taken for the Senator's records. Thank you also for your in-depth and personal response to each proposed bill, this is very helpful in informing the Senator's decisions.

Adam Wunische

Legislative Assistant

Sen. Arnie Roblan, SD 5

(Coos Bay, Florence, Newport, Tillamook)

Dear Senator Roblan, I urge you to please vote NO on SB 347, SB 699, SB 700 and SB 796.
As you know SB 347 would have been nice to have on the campus of the Texas college where the 14 victims were savagely stabbed today.
SB 699 having the freedom of the 2nd amendment would allow CCL handguns, in the capitol, would be recognition of the 2nd amendment.
SB 700 Do you really think bad guys will not use relatives or girl friends to get guns?
SB 796 Perceptually few problems with CCL, as it is today. Making it harder is cumbersome and expensive.
Please, think about my reasoning and vote NO on these nonsensical bills

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top