JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The accidental gun deaths were >9 and the intentional gun deaths were 67 I think. I sat next to him while he gave his testimony and spied on his paper. I don't know him, but I remember his name and can PM it to you if you like.

for being sharp as a tack and really helping out. Do you recall if he lived in Salem and/or his profession? That might help in locating him. Part of the problem with all of this is that the committee listened to opinions. The committee did have the opportunity to receive some opinions that were based on facts, empirical or evaluation data. Unsupported opinions are worthless--but some folks may be swayed by them.

If you can PM me on that fellows name, maybe I can contact him and send off to him some of the empirical work that I uncovered--which I will summarize this weekend to the committee.

One final point that should be upfront. The educators clamored and "cried" that "all these guns" would be coming onto their school grounds and scaring children and staff. Obviously, they are misleading--because the whole point on CHL is that the weapon is CONCEALED. I do not know if the committed picked up on the educator's red herring.

After the hearing I went to my daughters’ elementary school, without my sidearm, and spoke with the principal. I showed her my CWL and explained that from time to time I would be picking my daughter up from school and in today’s climate she may get someone who complains if they see me carrying. I wanted to let her know that I’ve been checked out as being one of the good guys.
She was ok with that and thanked me for coming in to speak with her. If it’s legal to open or conceal carry on school grounds with a CWL then it’s legal but she doesn’t want to have to ask every person she sees if they have a CWL. I thought about that afterwards and she has a good point.
If there’s someone on campus with a sidearm then how is she going to know that they have a CWL or if the person just forgot or the person doesn’t know the law or the person is there to harm someone?

If it's legal to open or conceal carry on school grounds with a CWL then it's legal but she doesn't want to have to ask every person she sees if they have a CWL. I thought about that afterwards and she has a good point.
If there's someone on campus with a sidearm then how is she going to know that they have a CWL or if the person just forgot or the person doesn't know the law or the person is there to harm someone?

Sometimes there just isn't anything you can do, but how many concealed guns does she think she's going to see? Concealed means you can't see it, and it's uncommon to accidentally show a concealed gun.

I carried a tennis racket in school at some times during the year. How would she have known if I had it because I was going to play tennis, or if I had it so I could beat the crap out of my arch nemesis with it?

Sometimes there just isn't anything you can do, but how many concealed guns does she think she's going to see? Concealed means you can't see it, and it's uncommon to accidentally show a concealed gun.

I carried a tennis racket in school at some times during the year. How would she have known if I had it because I was going to play tennis, or if I had it so I could beat the crap out of my arch nemesis with it?

As we all know some yahoos have caused the public to be alarmed at the sight of AR 15's in public and carry open in the state capital AFTER THE PUBLIC WAS TRAUMATIZED WITH SANDY HOOK.

If the handgun is Concealed, the school officials do not know about it and thus, peace and quite will remain.
Carry concealed must me done legally. If it is legal to open carry, it does not mean one should do it since the public or the police are so edgy. Stay concealed: that is what the permit is and use "excellent judgement". Please do not bring attention to your self in this antigun climate and end up shooting one's self in the foot. . Be a polite good guy.

On earlier posts someone referenced the Cuban gentleman. Is there andy written transcript for his testimony??
I wonder out of all persons replying on this post how many will submit written testimony??

This is where I have to chew this over. The CWL is not a license, it is just misnamed. I don’t care if they call it a license or a permit because it is neither. They cannot license or permit a Right. It is in fact a Concealed Weapons Certification. Obtaining the CWC is just a way to show proof that you have committed no offenses and that the public can trust you.

Open carry and concealed carry was legal in Oregon until 1885. That’s when the Governor urged the legislatures to enact a law against concealed carry by stating “If the mere carrying of a concealed weapon were, in public estimation and under the law, branded as criminal, fewer instances of justifiable homicide would be reported from our courts.”

The deaths they were seeing were ‘justifiable’ but he wanted to turn public opinion against concealed carry and make it into something evil. Even today, as shown by these recent bills, the politicians are playing with the public’s minds over something that’s not a real problem.

Are there so many fraidy-cats in Oregon that we are supposed to be cautious when we exercise our Rights so that we don’t offend them? How the hell did we get to this point?

I’m about to get a hat or T-shirt made up that says:

Concealed Carry Certified
I’m more trustworthy than YOU.

This is where I have to chew this over. The CWL is not a license, it is just misnamed. I don't care if they call it a license or a permit because it is neither. They cannot license or permit a Right. It is in fact a Concealed Weapons Certification. Obtaining the CWC is just a way to show proof that you have committed no offenses and that the public can trust you.

Open carry and concealed carry was legal in Oregon until 1885. That's when the Governor urged the legislatures to enact a law against concealed carry by stating "If the mere carrying of a concealed weapon were, in public estimation and under the law, branded as criminal, fewer instances of justifiable homicide would be reported from our courts."

The deaths they were seeing were ‘justifiable' but he wanted to turn public opinion against concealed carry and make it into something evil. Even today, as shown by these recent bills, the politicians are playing with the public's minds over something that's not a real problem.

Are there so many fraidy-cats in Oregon that we are supposed to be cautious when we exercise our Rights so that we don't offend them? How the hell did we get to this point?

I'm about to get a hat or T-shirt made up that says:

Concealed Carry Certified
I'm more trustworthy than YOU.

I see it as a form of caste system with the ones giving 'permision' IE: the government of course at the top. A concealed weapons 'permit' is nothing less than permitting self defense for some people but not others. Laws tend to create their own oxymoron when it comes to equality in rights.

CHLCertified: "I'm more trustworthy than you". This is an excellent point, and the anti's have been manipulated into thinking that CHL's are the enemy. Your point is very well taken.

Conversely, as I studied the "anti" yesterday there was a re-occuring personality theme with these antis'. So many of them came across to me as we have been describing as "sheep". So many were chronically nervous, very threat sensitive, having very poor analytical skills, were dependent on a focus on "feelings" and their obsessed and perceived insecurity, very angered over their "suffering" in the face of "threat" when there was no need for them to feel threatened; so many were overly sterotypically "feminine" in terms of their thinking, i.e submissive, fearfulness, inadequate, manipulative, and deceitful and would lie to compensate for their sense of inferiority, and of course the would band together for "safety". These comments are relevant to both the men and the women who were "antis". The point is that I do not think that dealing with them with "facts" will address their fears. They fear confrontation with threat and they do not perceive pro-gun as compatible with their ideals nor feelings. What they do not realize is that we are all in this together and could be team players--but from their behavior yesterday-they have been led to believe other wise, therefore the "sheep". I was just disgusted with their level of mental maturity over the subject matter.

I heard rom senator Kruse and he says the gun bills are DOA when they come to the senate floor.
A concealed weapon is the smartest way to carry in this climate.

He didn't say it was dead in his newsletter, I just sent a letter off to Sen. Roblan as suggested by OFF. They say he's the swing vote. I'd suggrst everybody take no chances and contact him one more time.

The meek shall inherent the earth, but the monsters will still be in the shadows.
There are bad things that go bump in the night……and the day.
There are real monsters in this world.
You can’t find them all.
You don’t keep locked up the ones you already have.
You don’t report about the crazy ones that you do find out about.
If the monsters try to hurt me or my kids, at home or in public, I reserve the right to bump back.

You're right, the anti's are not swayed by logic or facts.
The sheeple are swayed by fear.
Did this type of sheeple exist back during the 1770's?
I have been across the bridge at Lexington. I have stood in front of the Old White Church and then walked up Bunker hill .
I have touched Paul Revere's house and I have stood aboard the U.S.S. Constitution.
I am in awe of those that have gone before me.
Where did the American grit go?

CHLCertified: "I'm more trustworthy than you". This is an excellent point, and the anti's have been manipulated into thinking that CHL's are the enemy. Your point is very well taken.

Conversely, as I studied the "anti" yesterday there was a re-occuring personality theme with these antis'. So many of them came across to me as we have been describing as "sheep". So many were chronically nervous, very threat sensitive, having very poor analytical skills, were dependent on a focus on "feelings" and their obsessed and perceived insecurity, very angered over their "suffering" in the face of "threat" when there was no need for them to feel threatened; so many were overly sterotypically "feminine" in terms of their thinking, i.e submissive, fearfulness, inadequate, manipulative, and deceitful and would lie to compensate for their sense of inferiority, and of course the would band together for "safety". These comments are relevant to both the men and the women who were "antis". The point is that I do not think that dealing with them with "facts" will address their fears. They fear confrontation with threat and they do not perceive pro-gun as compatible with their ideals nor feelings. What they do not realize is that we are all in this together and could be team players--but from their behavior yesterday-they have been led to believe other wise, therefore the "sheep". I was just disgusted with their level of mental maturity over the subject matter.

Expanding on what you said about fear. The antis trust the gov it's there only security to get the bad guys and or economic. We don't trust the gov and can take care of ourselves. The anti's see us as a threat to their security cause we want the gov smaller and them out of our business. Back to political ideology and the chickification of America by the left.

Chris Rock: Daddy Obama says we Can't have Guns and we Have To listen to Him - YouTube
Expanding on what you said about fear. The antis trust the gov it's there only security to get the bad guys and or economic. We don't trust the gov and can take care of ourselves. The anti's see us as a threat to their security cause we want the gov smaller and them out of our business. Back to political ideology and the chickification of America by the left.

How the antis look at govt.

jefferson-waxman.jpg

jefferson-waxman.jpg

Overwhelming difference! Jefferson is rolling over in his grave! First comes the soft tyranny of the European model of government we seem to be heading for, later a more Stalinistic slant? Nobody knows for sure but the Nanny State is already half way here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top