JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's really sad how ALL of the anti's think that criminals will follow the laws...
Like Mr. ATF who really thinks a background check is going to slow down a criminal wanting a gun. He claimed to compile his data by interviewing prisoners. Why would a prisoner give up that kind of information? It's like police asking a drunk what his favorite bar is so they can sit outside and wait for him to commit a DUII. More likely he is hoping the "background checks" could lead to database info. on who owns what.

Speaker just made a plea to control all public areas because when people see an 80 year old guy doing exercise with a 45 in his pants they feel uncomfortable. Although he didn't have the right to exclude him they asked him to leave anyway and he did.
Was hoplofobia a valid reason to deny a constitutional right?

A female gun shop owner testified that the current BGC take too long right now and she does not want to do all of the extra work for OSP to facilitate private sales.

Interesting SB700 discriminates against homosexuals, as domestic partners are not considered family members under this bill and a BGC would be required between married gay couples.

There are certainly some nuts coming out of the closet for this too. I hate it when they are on "our" side. The one guy talked about throwing off the government and while I don't like tyranny, that is not likely to get a good response. He went on to say that he doesn't recognize any government that violates the constitution in his opinion.

There are certainly some nuts coming out of the closet for this too. I hate it when they are on "our" side. The one guy talked about throwing off the government and while I don't like tyranny, that is not likely to get a good response. He went on to say that he doesn't recognize any government that violates the constitution in his opinion.

yeah, thats not helpful at this time.

I wonder how much those 4 old guys Especially the 75 yr old gun owner Low T (as I look at my own mortality) like John McCain who side with the left the same way. They all loose perspective of freedom as they let emotion dictate decisions. Perfect for the left.

You mean flat out lies?

You know why his Children stats run all the way to 24 year olds? Because that way they include the majority of gang on gang shootings and cop against gang shootings it also includes the majority of suicides.

But it has nothing to do with children. When you can serve in the US ARMY MARINES NAVY AIR FORCE AND COAST GUARD at 18 your flat done being a child.

Unless the US is guilty of using Child Soldiers!!!!

Well as I read this I am listening to KXL. the guy on there stated that they had just wound up the talks. I think we should just keep writing our reps and letting them know how we feel. I wonder how local tv news will represent this to the people tonite.

Now that my blood pressure has gone down I think that I will provide some written testimony to the committee. For those that didn't hear the end we have until Monday at 5pm to provide written testimony. A couple items that I will adress:

1. CHL in schools were mentioned and all the gun owning teachers was against it. I would note that in two instances Pearl & Appalachian Law School a gun on campus eventually stopped the criminal. Just the presence of the guns stopped the attack with no shots being fired. I will also note that there have never been any instances of a CHL using a gun to commit violence at an Oregon School.

2. On the background check I kept hearing about how this will stop criminals. However it is already a crime to give/sell a gun to someone you suspect is a prohibited person. If you have reason to thing the person shouldn't own a firearm and you are willing to sell it anyway then another law isn't going to stop you. Here is a study showing where the source of the guns used in crime come from: http://bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fuo.pdf.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top