JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't really see anyone talking about this, but having been reminded of it this week, i'm realising i probably need one for IWB, rather than just a 1.5" regular leather belt.

So far i've got the options at these 3 places:

Hanks Amish Belts

Bullhide Belts

The Belt Man

Options for dual layers are advertised with as much ferocity as just having a large single piece, so i'm not sure what's going on there.

Any thoughts and/or preferences on this subject?

Thanks.

This is a subject that's near and dear to me. Off the rack quality pistol-carrying belts are pretty rare around here, so mail order has become the norm for obtaining such belts.

I have bought belts that were supposed to be pistol belts, only to find they were stretchy to the point that I had to put more holes in them as they never stopped strectching.

Then I've found really good quality no-stretch belts that coincidentally the maker went out of business just as I was ready to order the next bigger size.

Went to Cabelas just last week to get a new pistol belt, and they didn't know what I was talking about. The guys in the gun department had never heard of such a thing or such a need. Where do they get these guys? Anyway...I stopped in their clothing department to look while I was headed out, and they had some half-priced buffalo hide belts with roller buckles. There is zero stretch, they're well made, and I am pleased.

I just never know where my next belt is gonna come from, but I wish I could find just one good place that I could always count on.

WAYNO.

Hmm, thanks guys, seems it's not exactly as easy to get what we need.

Has anyone seen or experience the places i linked in the first post? I was going to stop in my local sportsmans and see if they had anything too.

Interesting you should mention that fuzzy innard, one of those places i linked to in the original post has that option (amongst others) and it's starting to lead me towards them based on their options.

I'll keep checking around, Ted Blocker might be a good option too.

Might want to try a Filson 1.25 double on. (#63205)
In my opinion, duel's conform and flex to fit the hips while remaining stiff and stable, just one less concern. In the end, the only opinion that matters is yours.
Filson
526 NW 13th Ave
Portland, OR 97209
503-246-0900

I'm after a 1.5 (just what i have in regular belts) but i too am liking the idea of a dual type belt.

Does Filson have an online presence i can check out?

Timac, i need a regular looking belt, my regular dress doesn't match with anything 'tactical' style like the Volunds.

The Filson Doubles are very thick; you will lose the .25 in the belt loops and makes for a very secure fit on most holsters.

If you're in PDX, I would take the time to go visit their store (address I listed above). I'd take your holster/holsters and whatever else goes on the bat belt and ask to T&E their belts.

Nothing will beat your hands on test and evaluation, if it is not right, you just saved $85. Quality of their bridle leather is almost bespoke.

Doubles tend to squeak during brake in, depending on who you hang with it may result in some ribbing. Break in does take some patience and lincoln stain wax helps.

Best of luck in the hunt.
http://www.filson.com

I use a 5.11 belt which are great except prior to being worn for a few weeks in as they are made of extremely stiff leather, which are good as they will not sag with a ton of gear. BTW if in the Keizer area on River road check out the 911 shop for LEO but civilians are welcome also.

I am a total holster/belt whore. I have been wearing a quick ship belt fromhttp://agcustomgunleather.com/store/product/quick-ship-leather-belts/
for about 4 years now and it has been fantastic. I typically carry either a glock 21, sig 227, or full size 1911 in milt sparks vm2

Hmm, thanks guys, seems it's not exactly as easy to get what we need.

Has anyone seen or experience the places i linked in the first post? I was going to stop in my local sportsmans and see if they had anything too.
I've bought several belts from The Beltman. Great products and fast service. (My wife likes your avatar.)
Paul O. - Class of '64

(Wait a minute! That's MY avatar! Ah senility is a wonderful thing. . . .):(

Last Edited:
I was about to post a similar thread but it seems you guys have it covered. The guys at Bullhide Belts seem to be saying the right things, but a local guy would be preferable. I will definitely make the detour and check out Ted Blocker's offerings before buying anything.

I ended up getting one from thebeltman, i'm pretty impressed so far (arrived last night) though i'd prefer it to be the full 1.5 inches, it's a little off compared to my regular 1.5 inch belt.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top