JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anybody know where to get plugs for gun barrels? I am wanting one so i can soak my mosin bore with solvent because its caked with fouling. I have bore brushed it for a couple hours and have only succeeded in making the rifling nice and clean, but the grooves are still black. i looked on google and all i could find was paintball and airsoft plugs. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Tyler

Maybe stuff an earplug in there and then tape a condom to the outside real good to catch anything that leaks by? I dunno what people usually use but I'd probably try something that I had easy access to. I guess an earplug might not like solvent much. One of those wax earplugs would probably be best.

Maybe stuff an earplug in there and then tape a condom to the outside real good to catch anything that leaks by? I dunno what people usually use but I'd probably try something that I had easy access to. I guess an earplug might not like solvent much. One of those wax earplugs would probably be best.

I have tried earplugs already. they leak after about 2 minutes. Unfortunately i dont have any condoms laying around to try. I was also wanting to try some vinegar. So i definitely need it to be water tight.

Pull a copper bullit and tap it down the barrel with enough sticking out to pull with pliers for removal. Seal with a drop of superglue around bullit and let dry. When done pull bullit and scrape off super glue. Solvent will chew up the bullit but won't eat the superglue.
Now If the gun is nice and you don't want to hurt the finish, then dont use this cornball method!
Warning! -Bubba methods are only approved on Bubba quality firearms!- When working on quality firearms please engage the entire Brain. Bubba guns only require about half [or none] of the right frontal lobe. This is the area of the brain used for reproductive thoughts and fantasy. And not the area used for Art, problem solving or inteligent repair of things valued at over $7.
Thank you and goooooood luck.

Try rigging a tight swab on your cleaning rod, get a container of hot soapy water, place the muzzle in the water and pump it in and out with the rod acting as a plunger. This is an old black powder fouling fix. Don't know if it will work with cosmolene but I would think that hot enough water might soften the cosmo. Good luck with your rifle!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top