JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
it is B.S. only xx bucks to fax your senators. S1317 search of the senate reveals that this # bill is in reference to awarding constance motely a gold medal. This type of crap gets people to look like fools contacting their reps when they are too stupid to do the research to find out what they are talking about, or they react in panic in either case it makes you look like a fool, if they actually send faxes instead of just pocketing the money. Hey this may be a money maker.

Full text here:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=s111-1317

Excerpt:
S 1317 IS

111th CONGRESS

1st Session

S. 1317

To increase public safety by permitting the Attorney General to deny the transfer of firearms or the issuance of firearms and explosives licenses to known or suspected dangerous terrorists.

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES

June 22, 2009

Mr. LAUTENBERG introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

The worst part is that you can be denied and never be presented with the evidence against you.

So much for transparency in government. No thanks Barack O Bush, Ill keep my guns AND my due process!

Any member of Congress can introduce a bill. Most are introduced to score points at home or with contributors. Most go nowhere. Even the sponsors don't expect them to go anywhere. You can't react to every whacko bill that's introduced. There are thousands every year. You have to focus on those that seem to be gaining traction. Look for multiple influential cosponsors and action at the committee level. This proposal is not a threat, though it's worth watching to see if it becomes one.

Unless you are in Lautenberg's state (NJ I believe), in which case folks there should be on him for introducing such drivel.

After reading this bill my take on it is that it gives the Attorney General the power to deny gun sales and revoke FFL licenses of what they consider terrorists with no explanation. The problem is they don't at all define what a terrorist is. I would say they don't "clearly" define what a terrorist is but they don't define what a terrorist is period. Combine the ability to deny gun sales and revoke FFL licenses with the power to do it without giving you a reason or any due process and you have a dictatorship plain and simple. These are clearly un-American values and the backers are going on my list of enemies of the American people!

TRISMN says that "they" don't define what a terrorist is. Well, Janet Napolitano (I'm not sure of the spelling) who is President Obama Bin Laden's (OBL) head of Homeland Security describes terrorists as returning military, conservatives, gun owners, patriots, constitutionalists and almost everyone else who did not vote for OBL.

S1317 search of the senate reveals that this # bill is in reference to awarding constance motely a gold medal.

This is correct for S. 1317 as presented in the 110th Congress.

In the 111th Congress it appears to be a proposed bill that would give the AG the powers mentioned.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top