JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
These are good folks, and the auctions are fun. If you've never been to one, you can show up and watch it like TV. However, be aware as you are bidding on the most prized gun you've ever seen, and you just MUST have it, there is what they call a buyers premium of 12% I believe it use to be which you will give the house as well as the scratch for what ever you won. So calculate that as you're bidding.

"Featuring the entire contents of
LL Guns of Battle Ground, Washington
the owners of the popular gun store are retiring after 25 years

Also Highlighting Firearms from
The Estate of James G. Yaple
a great selection of more than 300 guns plus accessories"

O'Gallerie: Fine Arts, Antiques and Estate Auctions

Nobody ever gets a deal at an auction. They get caught up in the frenzy of the bidding and just have to have that particular item, and then they do the yippy skippy dance after "winning" the item at a price well above what you could have likely paid for it elsewhere. Adding the 12% hose job, errrrr "buyers premium", minimum opening bids, reserves all pretty much guarantees overpaying.

Awesome deal for the seller and auctioneer.

Mileage may vary with auctions. I know I've gone to them and gotten a good deal several times. Of course, you have to fight the urge to do exactly what is being described. Set a hard limit, and stick with it.

I prefer a sealed bid auction. You put your price on it and walk away.
I picked up a really nice vintage safe for $125.00 last year.
It must weigh at least 3500 lbs, and I think the weight alone scared off most people from bidding on it.

So, any pics of your new toys?

I got outbid on all the stuff I wanted. That 18% fee, plus ffl fee, plus washington tax really killed it for me though.

Yea, that sucked. There's no way that a WA resident was going to get a deal there. I think it's really rediculous that a WA state gunstore closed, and all the contents were trasferred to an OR state FFL just so it could be auctioned. If the owner of gunstore wanted to sell stuff, then he should have sold it all on the WA side. We Vancouver folks get few breaks with Portland having all the good g-stores, the good g-shows, and apparently, the good auctions. I guess I can't complain; I chose to live here when PDX is just a mere stone's throw away. Oh well, at least I don't pay state income tax. That 10% of my salary saved buys alot of guns & ammo. Probably a fair tradeoff.

-Thirtycal

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads