JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw this on NRA TV tonight and kind of just shrugged. I remember this has been done or at least tried in public housing before. If it was me? I would just do as I please until I move. They are not going to be coming in and searching the place. If they had to come in to do some work I would not leave a gun laying out where it could be stolen anyway.Did not see anything about them saying you can't have a safe. So how would they know what is in it? Only way I see anything happen is if you have to shoot someone. So after that they could evict you. Who cares, you are still alive to go rent another place. Unless they start trying to say they have the right to come in and search the place who cares what they say.

I saw this on NRA TV tonight and kind of just shrugged. I remember this has been done or at least tried in public housing before. If it was me? I would just do as I please until I move. They are not going to be coming in and searching the place. If they had to come in to do some work I would not leave a gun laying out where it could be stolen anyway.Did not see anything about them saying you can't have a safe. So how would they know what is in it? Only way I see anything happen is if you have to shoot someone. So after that they could evict you. Who cares, you are still alive to go rent another place. Unless they start trying to say they have the right to come in and search the place who cares what they say.
Hard to go out shooting though, unless you have a garage to load stuff in. Just a big pain in the bubblegum

Is an owner EVER liable for the choices a tenant makes? No.
Maybe not but the owner certainly has the RIGHT to restrict what a tenant may do or bring in/on his property. I own my home and can say who can bring and do what on my property and I suspect if someone did do something stupid on my property and say damaged a neighbors property I (as the homeowner) WOULD most likely be liable but that - might be different IF I were leasing/renting the the property out.
Regardless in my 'travels' I have always noticed it seems like those who voice the 'loudest' opinions about 'their' rights or the restrictions placed on them are the ones who seem to own the LEAST of the items(s) of the point of discussion - be it guns or property.
Home/business/property owners have very different opinions on what their rights are, or should be.

Hard to go out shooting though, unless you have a garage to load stuff in. Just a big pain in the bubblegum

I use a case for everything I take to the range. I live in the city. I can pretty much guarantee that if I started going out to my car every week with a couple rifles slung over my shoulder some neighbor would be calling 911 on me. I go out at least once a week. No one who sees me and does not know me has any clue what I am doing.

I use a case for everything I take to the range. I live in the city. I can pretty much guarantee that if I started going out to my car every week with a couple rifles slung over my shoulder some neighbor would be calling 911 on me. I go out at least once a week. No one who sees me and does not know me has any clue what I am doing.

I use soft cases for everything, mostly guitars cases, but a lot of people use hard cases, which are pretty obvious. Also ammo cans, target stands, steel targets.... All that stuff is pretty obvious.

I use soft cases for everything, mostly guitars cases, but a lot of people use hard cases, which are pretty obvious. Also ammo cans, target stands, steel targets.... All that stuff is pretty obvious.

So move. Seems pretty simple to me. No one is forcing the people to live there. They don't like it? Leave. As I said if I was there already and they did this? I would do as I already do. To those who just can't walk in and out without looking like GI Joe, move.

So move. Seems pretty simple to me. No one is forcing the people to live there. They don't like it? Leave. As I said if I was there already and they did this? I would do as I already do. To those who just can't walk in and out without looking like GI Joe, move.

What happens when their is no place left to move to and you can't afford a house?

Any idea how difficult it is to rent with a dog? Imagine that x 100.

"Oh well don't buy a dog or gun if you don't own a house"

Well, what happens if you lose your job and already have that stuff. I have to give up my dog and gun just to have a place to sleep?

Last Edited:

The neighborhood I live is in like that with a bunch of soccer moms with huge SUVs. I park my car in the driveway so if I go the gun range, I back my car into the partially into the garage to load my long guns. Same thing when I unload them.

The neighborhood I live is in like that with a bunch of soccer moms with huge SUVs. I park my car in the driveway so if I go the gun range, I back my car into the partially into the garage to load my long guns. Same thing when I unload them.

Yep I can see no upside to advertising them. Same reason I don't put cutesy gun stickers on my cars or on my windows. Don't want to encourage the scum to think of my place as the place to try to rob.

What happens when their is no place left to move to and you can't afford a house?

Any idea how difficult it is to rent with a dog? Imagine that x 100.

"Oh well don't buy a dog or gun if you don't own a house"

Well, what happens if you lose your job and already have that stuff. I have to give up my dog and gun just to have a place to sleep?

I was a renter for a long time as a young man. Even when I thought I was getting somewhere crap done to us by government through me back in a hole. As a renter I paid for that place to live in and as long as I didn't do harm to the property it was none of the owners business how I lived. If they want to tell folks what to do then go work for a prison. I have never seen a rental agreement that requires you to give up your rights.o_O I wouldn't live there if they had that.

I was a renter for a long time as a young man. Even when I thought I was getting somewhere crap done to us by government through me back in a hole. As a renter I paid for that place to live in and as long as I didn't do harm to the property it was none of the owners business how I lived. If they want to tell folks what to do then go work for a prison. I have never seen a rental agreement that requires you to give up your rights.o_O I wouldn't live there if they had that.

Ok now where do your rights come in here? Guns are legal, but so are water beds and dogs. So if some apartment says you can't have a dog or a water bed are they violating your "rights"? If so how? I hate to sound mean here but this is where the whining always starts. People want to do what they want and if told no they scream. Anyone who has ever had rentals can tell you some horror stories about how some renters act. This is why so many places will no longer take section 8. Same with places that do a credit check. Those with poor credit then scream and cry. They want laws to force people who own property to rent to them. Of course they don't want to foot the bill for the mess some make though. Owner is supposed to eat that. Now I know this kook wanting to say no guns is nothing like this but again that is simple to get around. Don't march around with guns slung over your shoulder if you chose to live there. The apartment is not telling anyone they can't own a gun, a dog, or a waterbed. They are saying you can't rent from them if you do. Don't like it? Don't live there.

I have lived in places that restricted the type of vehicle you could park in assigned spaces. Off course pet restrictions are common. It is all done when you sign the rental agreement. Has nothing to do with the government restricting your rights. And you are a volunteer when you sign the agreement.

Ok now where do your rights come in here? Guns are legal, but so are water beds and dogs. So if some apartment says you can't have a dog or a water bed are they violating your "rights"? If so how? I hate to sound mean here but this is where the whining always starts. People want to do what they want and if told no they scream. Anyone who has ever had rentals can tell you some horror stories about how some renters act. This is why so many places will no longer take section 8. Same with places that do a credit check. Those with poor credit then scream and cry. They want laws to force people who own property to rent to them. Of course they don't want to foot the bill for the mess some make though. Owner is supposed to eat that. Now I know this kook wanting to say no guns is nothing like this but again that is simple to get around. Don't march around with guns slung over your shoulder if you chose to live there. The apartment is not telling anyone they can't own a gun, a dog, or a waterbed. They are saying you can't rent from them if you do. Don't like it? Don't live there.

Its really simple, waterbeds and dogs do damage to the owners property so owners have a right to keep them out of the agreement. A gun is a constitutional right that does no harm to the property yet can save the renters life. If the property owner wants to deprive a civil right then the property owner should pay to protect the renter. o_O

I have a rental and require prima noctae of all new brides.

upload_2018-5-11_9-46-11.jpeg

not really

I think they already do depending on what part of town you live in.
:D well in reality if you are renting then you are bending over. Best investment a man can ever make is to pay off his own house. It's the biggest pay raise you will ever get and the first real day of freedom you have.:)

Its really simple, waterbeds and dogs do damage to the owners property so owners have a right to keep them out of the agreement. A gun is a constitutional right that does no harm to the property yet can save the renters life. If the property owner wants to deprive a civil right then the property owner should pay to protect the renter. o_O
You are wrong........it is like the judge telling you to do X or go to jail. The only real power he has is to put you in jail but you agree to his conditions (infringing on your constitunal rights or not) to prevent it. Changing a rental agreement after it is signed can be more problematic but if you agreed going in, You are toast...........and I own many rental properties.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top