JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wife cleaned up a bit and filled the trash before she left for work (I normally empty it at 3/4 because the smallest dog is sneaky and will get into it).

I was having some cramps so I was laying down in another room and kept hearing the dogs getting into something - normally hollering at them once will get them out of stuff but 3 yells later and I got up to see this.....

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

She was so distressed about being stuck and I was laughing so hard I couldn't even try to scold her - I'm pretty sure she got plenty of incentive to stay out of the trash... For at least a day or two I hopeo_O.

Just glad it wasn't a pickle jar or something more dangerous.

Hopefully some of y'all will find some amusement in this story.:rolleyes:

I would have taken the moment with a rolled up newspaper to make an impression upon her little doggie mind (where she apparently keeps in her backside, LOL) not to get into the trash.

:D

If it had been my dog I would have done something like what your saying and he would know what it meant.

Before I encountered my wife's dog I had always treated all dogs to the news paper or paper towel roll for noise mostly not to hurt them and always has good success; not this dog though for some reason...

My wife's dog is a sweetheart but just wags her tail and looks at you like she can't quite comprehend why I would be swatting her. Dogs 9 years old and still acts like a 6 month old puppy. We thought she was "special" for many years until her intellect showed up in other places. Common dang sense isn't one of her strong attributes though unfortunately.o_O

I would have taken the moment with a rolled up newspaper to make an impression upon her little doggie mind (where she apparently keeps in her backside, LOL) not to get into the trash.

:D
Oh come on:(
I would have just left her to get the bag off herself:D
That's cute.
My rot would have gotten it off easy while my old dog would have walked around bumping into chairs

Rat traps with the 'whacking' end taped over to soften the blow a little works wonders for changing a garbage eating dogs habits.
It also is a miricle worker for cats that won't stay off of warm vehicle hoods.
After one or two experiences with these, the traps don't even need to be set, just the mere sight of it will reinforce the memory, unless fido's truly brain dead and not worth its kibbles and bits.
It may sound harsh but when all else fails, it's effective.

Wife cleaned up a bit and filled the trash before she left for work (I normally empty it at 3/4 because the smallest dog is sneaky and will get into it).

I was having some cramps so I was laying down in another room and kept hearing the dogs getting into something - normally hollering at them once will get them out of stuff but 3 yells later and I got up to see this.....

View attachment 280712 View attachment 280713 View attachment 280714

She was so distressed about being stuck and I was laughing so hard I couldn't even try to scold her - I'm pretty sure she got plenty of incentive to stay out of the trash... For at least a day or two I hopeo_O.

Just glad it wasn't a pickle jar or something more dangerous.

Hopefully some of y'all will find some amusement in this story.:rolleyes:
Lets be honest here, who hasn't had their head stuck in a bag at least once in their life :D

If I'm being totally honest - the easiest fix is to go buy another trash can with a lid:D.

The one for this can broke and it took a good couple of months before the dog discovered she was just tall enough to snag stuff off the top.:confused:

When you consider a canines scent capabilities compared to ours, all those food odors wafting out of the trash would be irresistibly tempting to all but the best trained dog.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top