JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes, you read that correctly.

"Silva was attending the shower when the homeowner and host fired off a "small cannon-type device in the backyard to celebrate the baby's pending arrival," MLive said.

Instead of emitting a big flash and smoke, the cannon itself exploded, sending metal shrapnel flying into Silva, three parked cars and the garage where the shower was being held, police told MLive. Silva was standing 10 to 15 feet away, and was one of five people who were outside at the time, though he was the only one hit by metal shards. He was taken to the hospital but died later of his injuries."

I have not seen much as to the "how". My "guess" would be the instructions said 1 scoop makes a great boom, so user of course thought will 4 scoops will be better.:eek:
Or there were no instructions and someone put god knows what in it. No doubt they are looking for someone to sue.
A friend of mine several states away was telling me about his fathers old hunting rifle, which he was going to use when hunting that year. Didn't know what caliber it was (303? something no longer common) but they reloaded all of their own "shells" and cast their own bullets. I asked what powder he used. "I don't know, there's an old can of it. There's no label on it, but there are lots of other cans when this runs out." :rolleyes: How much do you use? "I just fill the shell up." Oh boy.

The Vatican got tired of people pulling these harebrained shenanigans so to indcate papal succession in the future they'll just send out a text.

not really

First rule of Manclub....Dont go to g-damn baby showers.
Each occurrence will result in a testicle being removed. After that the consequences are random.

I am sure I am going to burn in hell. I have heard this story a few times and chuckle every time.

A friend of mine several states away was telling me about his fathers old hunting rifle, which he was going to use when hunting that year. Didn't know what caliber it was (303? something no longer common) but they reloaded all of their own "shells" and cast their own bullets. I asked what powder he used. "I don't know, there's an old can of it. There's no label on it, but there are lots of other cans when this runs out." :rolleyes: How much do you use? "I just fill the shell up." Oh boy.
When I was in grade school the state would sell us a hunting license if we took a safety course NRA taught. After weeks of meeting one night a week (in a school no less:D) we all got to go to a rifle range and shoot. Guy brings one of the instructors his rifle he KB'd. Just a kid so not sure what kind, What was left looked like it was a hell of a nice rifle. Fancy thumb hole stock. Now cracked all the way along, bolt was gone. Where scope had been rings where all that was left. He rolled his own ammo. 15 years later when I went to start rolling my own ammo I had that image in the front of my mind and it made me follow instructions REAL close ;)

To be fair, there are some powders that were/are used in a volumetric measurement. This is not the first time or place that i have read about old timers using the "top'er off" method for powder and handloading.
Given the vast array of powders, equipment, and compiled knowledge that we have today. I wouldnt recommend doing that now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top