JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll give ya that .308/7.62x51 for letter "K" Mr Smith... although, from what little I understand, it's not quite right.

A .308 Winchester doesn't seem to be exactly the same as NATO 7.62x51...
7.62 NATO vs .308 Winchester Ammo, What's The Difference?
knit picking are we?! LOL :p:p yes there's a little case pressure difference but that's like knit picking over 5.56x45 vs .223 lol about the same difference. (except the nato in that particular case is hotter rather than the commercial round)

Thanks Ravenswood. I enjoy stuff like this. I've been something of an amateur cartridge collector for 30+ years. I used to get a real kick out of digging through the ubiquitous box/bin/can of random loose rounds at gun shows, them spending the afternoon with calipers and Cartridges Of The World to figure out what they were. It's not a terribly impressive collection because I've never spent more than a few dollars for a single specimen.

I could line up a few myself and continue the game, but it might not be much fun for most. I've got a lot of oddball, obscure stuff.

If I limited it to cartridges I shoot... well I still have a fair amount of oddball, obscure stuff. :)

I got some easy ones...
Maybe we'll be knit picky with it too! LOL :p:p:p
20190122_155217.jpg

.22lr, .380 auto, 9mm, .40 S&W, .45ACP, .38 special, .357 magnum, 1̶0̶m̶m̶,̶ ̶3̶0̶ ̶H̶R̶T̶,̶ ̶8̶ ̶g̶a̶u̶g̶e̶, 7.62x51, .257 Weatherby Magnum, .50BMG

Look at my last post. I was 1 off and gave the hint exactly where I was 1 off at.. ;) also the answer is on page 3...

Look at my last post. I was 1 off and gave the hint exactly where I was 1 off at.. ;) also the answer is on page 3...
I saw that scrolling through but wanted to give it a shot on my own. Also @ravenswood said you got three wrong on your latest attempt just below where he said you were so close. He may have been saying the guess of 6.8 SPC was close but I wasn't sure.

I've never shot something older than I am... and I'm 52. :) Probably nothing older than the M16 from my 80s Army tours.
Probably something I should put on my bucket-list... Who's got the oldest gun I can (safely!) shoot? (worthy of a new thread)
Well, if we ever make it out to North Fork together, you can shoot my 30-30, which was minted in 1958 or so. @Reno911 has (or had) a Mosin that was probably ancient, even though he tricked it out.

Well, if we ever make it out to North Fork together, you can shoot my 30-30, which was minted in 1958 or so. @Reno911 has (or had) a Mosin that was probably ancient, even though he tricked it out.
I wouldn't get rid of that one.

I too have an old 30-30, a Winchester 94 that's a few generations of old.

It's too cold and too rainy, but we need a get together for some trigger time.

You've got me beat, Andy. My oldest is a Mosin Nagant from 1897.

I think most of my guns are older than me, and I'm not young anymore. I like old guns.
That one got my deer last year...75 yards..one shot off hand...The deer took about 3-4 steps and down he went.
Its a .58 caliber smoothrifle...my load is 60 grains of 2f , .15 patch and a .570 round ball.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads