JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so what do all the folks say to the facts about dhs and their ammo purchases, besides you need more tin foil

"Comparing that with the small-arms purchases procured by the U.S. Army, he said the DHS is churning through between 1,300 and 1,600 rounds per officer, while the U.S. Army goes through roughly 350 rounds per soldier."

Read more: Reps challenge DHS ammo buys, say agency using 1,000 more rounds per person than Army | Fox News

I know we see what there shooting is like but still a little excessive Considering they are not in a war. (yet)

Well, you know, it's a lot cheaper if you buy in bulk, you know. I mean...and it's just for training...and stuff...and well, I mean...

(Yeah, right, training with hollow point rounds? A few, maybe, to see how they react and if they shoot differently than the FMJ...)

And tin foil doesn't work, or at least according to the egg heads.

I assume it is just the end of the fiscal year, and they have not spent their budget yet, so they have to buy something to ask for the same amount of money next year.

Or maybe they replenish their ammo reserves once in a few years, and this is just one of those years.

If DHS was "preparing for war", they would be stocking up on many other things, not just ammo, and there would be a lot more signs of movement and preparation.

First off, tin foil hats aren't made from tin. They are actually made from aluminum.

Second, while most of the "tin foilish" things going around are false flags, I'm still pretty wary of DHS. At a minimum it's waste, fraud, and abuse to over purchase the wrong type of ammunition for training. The IG should be riding them like a horse for spending monies like that (not to mention the pretty uniforms) during a supposed cutback by other agencies.

DHS as a threat is kind of like the potential energy of a boulder perched at the top of a canyon wall. It not dangerous until it starts to move, but when it does you better look out.

1,600 rounds per agent, per year? Combined training and armory inventory?

I'm not freaking out over that. I used to blow through that in 2 months, easy.

It's per quarter and sometimes per month. Also, it's per weapon with some dhs agents having up to 3 weapons. At least that's what I heard when listening to the questions and answers.

It's per quarter and sometimes per month. Also, it's per weapon with some dhs agents having up to 3 weapons. At least that's what I heard when listening to the questions and answers.

It's also a multi-agency order, correct? DEA, Border security, ATF, etc? And it's an open order, for an amount "up to" the reported amount?

This doesn't bother me. "This" meaning the volume of rounds.

Cost/over spending... Different story. I get "train with what you use", but 180gr Gold Dots are very similar to 180gr FMJ for training purposes. It would be a massive saving just going with FMJ for training.

From a budget standpoint, this bugs me.

I think they should train with duty ammo. I know a ICE agent who has a gun safe in his vehicle (He removes the guns when he is not working) he carries a full auto capable M4, shotgun, .40 Sig, S&W .38 snubbie. He has to qualify with pistol and rifle each quarter, and the .38 and shotgun twice a year.

I assume it is just the end of the fiscal year, and they have not spent their budget yet, so they have to buy something to ask for the same amount of money next year.

Or maybe they replenish their ammo reserves once in a few years, and this is just one of those years.

If DHS was "preparing for war", they would be stocking up on many other things, not just ammo, and there would be a lot more signs of movement and preparation.

Like body armor, tear gas and gas masks, medical supplies, whole weapons and parts, all sorts of fuel and oil, etc. It is impossible to hide an entire army on the move.

You know what they are or are not buying/stock piling do you?

Mole?

Please don't A$$-U-ME it involves more than just you.

I guess I'm a tinfoil hat guy. I don't trust the DHS, Napolitano, Holder or most any political entity or politician as far as I could throw them.

I have got my tin foil hat on. What if DHS decided in the future they had a surplus and sold it to their buddies or had it destroyed.

they arent even allowed to use hollow points on duty, so why train with them anyway? its still a massive waste that costs 4x what it should. hell if they bought twice as many FMJ instead they would still only spend half as much.

they arent even allowed to use hollow points on duty, so why train with them anyway? its still a massive waste that costs 4x what it should. hell if they bought twice as many FMJ instead they would still only spend half as much.

They use JHP on duty.

DHS is an umbrella, under which there are multiple LE agencies. Law enforcement isn't handcuffed by the decision to observe the Hague Convention decision to bar the use of expanding ammunition in military application. Police, DEA, Secret Service, etc etc can use what they want to use.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top