JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
guess it's time i checked in..........

Hi, my name is carlos de la caplock, and i'm a gun nut...............

I usually hang out on a little c&r list, used to be on shelfspace, it's moved several times and i don't keep track of that admin krap, i just post stuff when the muse hits me...i mostly like to post gloats when i buy something for an insanely low price, just to up the pucker factor of my buddies.....

Found this place off of outdoor trader, nice site to find things, but no discussion.....barfcom htf's are interesting, but i've always felt a little left out of the washington htf....too many folks centered in northern washington and as i hale from vancouver, a lot didn't pertain to me...the orygun htf, being 'centered' in portland, was closer, but the censorship there is kinda insane.......and as 'the prisoner' was so fond of saying, "i am not a number, i am a free man".......(if that doesn't take you back, nothing will.....)

i tend to like all sorts of firearms...sworn to fun, loyal to none.....mostly c&r's but i have frequent trists with ebr's as well, ar's and fal's mostly......i enjoy fudd guns too, and about the only thing i eschew is smeley's and frog guns....other than that, they are all fun, i buy as many guns as i possibly can, and have been doing that for probably 40 years........pretty much anything i sold before i got 'the religion', i have managed to buy a model of, back..........thus, assuring myself a seat at the right hand of st. John moses browning when the time comes to meet my maker.........yes, storage is a problem(pay no heed to the stories afloat about my warehouses and boxcar deliveries......)

i'm just here to have fun............
--carlos

Welcome to the site Carlos, good to see you post this introduction :D

Just a heads up, if you think the censorship in OR HTF is bad, this place is worse (but only as far as language and inappropriate content). Go ahead and feel free to make some NWFA lowers :s0114:

No worries joey, from what i can see, your 'censorship' is pretty straightforward, and i can grok that..........

The orygun htf had weird 'taboos' ....things that were never spoken of, least you draw the wrath of some petty tin god dictator...things like 'people who were not to be mentioned'...and just weird, klickish stuff.....kind a cross between highschool and haitian voodo............

I've seen none of that here........see, over there, if you mentioned things like this, and >gasp< posted a question, the thread would get locked and then you'd end up banned.....like the ohtf was being run by anorexic high school chics?????
--carlos

:s0114:

I know exactly what you're talking about, I've heard a ton of stories about that place. All our rules are clearly laid out on the rules page, and they are straightforward. Basically, this place is like Disneyland, G rated and family friendly. Honest and open communication, and we have no problem when people question why something is the way it is or something we do or don't do, so long as it's via PM and not out on the board for all to see :D

No voodoo here! :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top