JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use these from Hornady in my Mossberg with their rifled ported barrel.The scope mount is attached to the barrel and came with a 3x9. These slugs drop 6"@ 200yrds and shoot patterns like a rifle @ 100yds. Just use remingtons to get on the paper though these usually are $3.25 for each pull. I set this up for the river and the airlie elk hunt when OSU let us hunt the cattle pasture areas.

Does Hornady make different sabot slugs?? If so what model are you using??

I use these from Hornady in my Mossberg with their rifled ported barrel.The scope mount is attached to the barrel and came with a 3x9. These slugs drop 6"@ 200yrds and shoot patterns like a rifle @ 100yds. Just use remingtons to get on the paper though these usually are $3.25 for each pull. I set this up for the river and the airlie elk hunt when OSU let us hunt the cattle pasture areas.

Does Hornady make different sabot slugs?? If so what model are you using??

As far as I can see on their website there is only one type, the SST.

As far as I can see on their website there is only one type, the SST.

Your right from the web sight they are only the SST's. I will buy a box of five in the spring and try them. They are saying 2" groups @ 100 yrds!! That's pretty Bold of them so I definitely will try them. I have had good luck with the Remington's but if I can get a tighter group I will give up a little energy. Besides the Remington's kick like a Mule on Steroids out of my 870!!! Hers there web page if any one else is interested.

<broken link removed>

Picked up a Rossi from coctailer at the gun show. I think it's a good deal for a utility gun, rifled with a 3" chamber and a fairly heavy ported barrel. It comes with a matched set 50 cal muzzle loader not usable in OR due to closed ignition and fiber optic sights. He said Rossi makes other barrels that can be swapped in easily. The change from 12 gauge to 50 takes less than a minute! Will try and do some test shooting after the 1st of the year and report back.
Merry Christmas

Sounds great. The price is sure right, as usual for weapons from Coctailer.

He's going to be sending me some of those Remington sabot slugs next week or so, and I'll report back on those. I have that Winchester 1300 rifled barrel shotty I just got and it also has rifle sights. I'm going to leave it with just the iron sights.

Let us know how that Rossi shoots. I've never seen a Rossi I didn't like.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top