Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

gssf: what time odd least busy?

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by MattBG, May 24, 2012.

1. MattBG

MattBG Battle Ground, WA Member

I'm doing my first event in two weeks, what time should I show up? I know it opens at nine, but is it better to show up later if there is a huge line at nine?

Thanks

2. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

Matt,

Great question. I signed up for this over the weekend, I'm probably going to show up at 730-800am on Saturday just so I can get a feel for it.

3. MattBG

I got some feedback on glock talk. Apparently; 75% of people shoot on Sat. I was also advised to help with pasting targets while waiting to shoot. Seems like it should be a good time; I'm really looking forward to it. See you there.

4. ronin223

ronin223 Portland Active Member

I was there at 9

very short wait for each event in fact I only waited at one stage for 1 person.

5. MattBG

I was there today; no lines for anything. Even got the ejector replaced; no more casings to the head.

6. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

I was there way too early on Saturday. No real lines like ronin said. Nice guys, not at all like the IPSC comp. I went to in Hawaii. I think this is great for people that want a taste of competition or are used to just punching paper plates, but I must admit I like run and gun better.

7. NWGlocker

NWGlocker Western WA New Member

Sunday mornings seem to work best, especially when you help with pasting and resetting targets. I get annoyed when people just stand around waiting their turn and don't pitch in.

8. MattBG

I went Sunday and it was great, hardly any crowd