JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was there both days and my daughter was along on Sunday, I bested my previous best and won the drawing for one of the Range officers guns. The weather left a bit to be desired but otherwise it was a good weekend. I'm looking forward to the Albany match next month I will probably only make it on Sunday as my youngests birthday is Saturday and I might not be forgiven if I was gone all day.

I went on Sunday and the weather was fine. I was top lady in the Civilian competition, which I think means I won $75, a first for me at a Glock match.
Congrats on winning the gun, they haven't done the drawing yet for us so am keeping my fingers crossed.
Looking forward to Albany.

congratulations on skill & good luck in the Dundee match. I like the GSSF match design.
Was scheduled to go but sold my single remaining Glock. No plans to replace the G34.

Thanks for your kindness NWGlockgal. I simply do not manage to shoot them well enough to be worthy of the effort.

In my view, there are 'participant' and 'competitor' wings of any match entrant, and which requires some measure of essential ingredients "accuracy" and "speed". I'm satisfied being 'participant' given my accuracy is adequate while speed may be somewhat lacking.

Agree with the old saw 'you can't miss fast enough to win'.

Thanks for your kindness NWGlockgal. I simply do not manage to shoot them well enough to be worthy of the effort.

In my view, there are 'participant' and 'competitor' wings of any match entrant, and which requires some measure of essential ingredients "accuracy" and "speed". I'm satisfied being 'participant' given my accuracy is adequate while speed may be somewhat lacking.

Agree with the old saw 'you can't miss fast enough to win'.
I'm accurate but slow, and it prevents me from doing well in matches like IDPA or USPSA. I do great in things like PPC and Bull'sEye.
It used to really bother me, but I've come to terms with it. We all have our strengths and weaknesses.:D

Wait, they were giving away Springfield Range officers at a Glock match? :eek:

Not quite they have a drawing for a free glock certificate for the range officers we also got a second one for breaking the attendance record this year it's good for any third generation standard 9mm/.40 model and you can pay to upgrade to any of their other models 207.00 for a g34 mos is still pretty decent though. I just have to deal with the 20+ week wait for them to send it out.

I [strike]'competed'[/strike] er....'participated'....in the GSSF match in Idaho last month.

No excuses, just 'failure to perform' very well.
In old gravel pit, & while sunny enough at times so gusty it literally blew down some of the falling plate rack targets as I was firing at them. Great time but they said to reshoot the stage.

There was a charming/friendly older couple visiting with me, I'd guess late 70s age wise. The lady shot a few positions before mine turn, only a miss or 2, with very fast time, which at my own personal very best, would have been a challenge. Her husband followed her and scored about 1/2 the time of my own very best. It was fun and instructive watching them.

I [strike]'competed'[/strike] er....'participated'....in the GSSF match in Idaho last month.

No excuses, just 'failure to perform' very well.
In old gravel pit, & while sunny enough at times so gusty it literally blew down some of the falling plate rack targets as I was firing at them. Great time but they said to reshoot the stage.

There was a charming/friendly older couple visiting with me, I'd guess late 70s age wise. The lady shot a few positions before mine turn, only a miss or 2, with very fast time, which at my own personal very best, would have been a challenge. Her husband followed her and scored about 1/2 the time of my own very best. It was fun and instructive watching them.

That has to be Shirley and Tom. They are both superb shooters and go to a lot of Glock matches.
My dream is to beat her some day, but I know it's never going to happen!

Well, they FINALLY posted the final scores and results for the Dundee match. I didn't win anything in a drawing :(
but it turns out I won $75 for being top female in Civilian class and another $75 for being top senior in the
same class. I'm happy! That pays for my entrance fees for Dundee and Albany, and leaves a little spending cash for
ammo!

Last Edited:
Congrats I won 2 random 50$ which paid for 4 of my 5 entries n addition to winning the RO drawing for a glock. I really wonder how they keep things running as they most certainly can't be making money on it.

Congrats I won 2 random 50$ which paid for 4 of my 5 entries n addition to winning the RO drawing for a glock. I really wonder how they keep things running as they most certainly can't be making money on it.
One RO told me Glock loses money on each match they put on, but it's great PR.

I shot terrible in Albany, but apparently so did everyone else. I managed the same place number as before in Civilian, and got top lady....so another $75 coming my way. Still waiting for them to post the drawing winners, keeping my fingers crossed.....

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads