JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will probably be there. I got my start in competitive pistol shooting at a GSSF match. They are great fun and all the people who work them are very helpful.
Kristine

That's allowed???????

Yes it is. The rules are posted on the GSSF website. They say, "Everyone is allowed one "free reshoot" per stage." That is a re-shoot for one or all the strings depending on the stage. There is also re-shoots allowed for pistol malfunctions.

There is a few other rules competitors should be aware of. If carrying the pistol in a holster, "...the magazine must be out, the chamber must be empty and the slide must be locked to the rear .". It is also a lost brass match, which means no picking up brass, yours or others.

I volunteered to RO at the match both days. Never been to a GSSF match but I am a USPSA RO. I figured I better read the rules and found they are very beginner friendly. Start position does not require a holster and there is no movement.

There was a ton of new shooters today and they all had a great time. This match is set up with lots of flexibility. You come any time registration is open and shoot the stages in any order you want.

One more day left, registration will be open until 2pm if you want to shoot the match. See you there.

Thanks for all that came out to shoot and good luck on the random cash and pistol prizes.

I left with a new pistol in the RO drawing and still have two opportunities to win random prizes from my division entries. Unfortunately, I shot poorly and will have little chance to get a division performance award.

I learned this match is more about accuracy than time. Get your shots in the A/B zone and you will place decent no matter your time.

I learned this match is more about accuracy than time. Get your shots in the A/B zone and you will place decent no matter your time.

^^^^^^^^^What he said!

Did much better at Albany than Dundee, but still need to S-L-O-W D-O-W-N and get them ALL
in the inner 2 circles! Won a 2 year membership at Dundee, guess I'll be shooting some
more GSSF. No more locally until next year---so it's back to the CZ and USPSA.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top