JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have this GSG. I bought it used because it looked cool. Yes dumb move. It was in shop for 8 months before they supposedly repaired it. I read somewhere its ammo picky so I tried only running higher velocity rounds. It still misfired every other shot. Is there someone in the area who does gun repair and maybe specializes on this gun? I don't want to bother with the original gun store because they are so far out and not worth the hassle or time. I took my new 10/22 out the same day and it ran wonderfully. So I know the ammo wasn't the problem.

I have this GSG. I bought it used because it looked cool. Yes dumb move. It was in shop for 8 months before they supposedly repaired it. I read somewhere its ammo picky so I tried only running higher velocity rounds. It still misfired every other shot. Is there someone in the area who does gun repair and maybe specializes on this gun? I don't want to bother with the original gun store because they are so far out and not worth the hassle or time. I took my new 10/22 out the same day and it ran wonderfully. So I know the ammo wasn't the problem.
Been wondering about those cool looking 22s. I stuck with 10/22s and AR22s.

Maybe try different brands of ammo. Had one 22lr pistol that jams with Winchester hollow points. But When I use Remington, it cycles ok. These are bulk ammo.

Interesting. I have 3 of the GSG-5's from before the lawsuit and the change to the GSG-522.

One of them I did a "torture" test on. I do not recall all of the details and the site I posted on no longer exist. I shot 2500 rounds without cleaning, using federal 550 bulk pack out of one gun and I had impressively few failures.

If you give us an idea of what kind of failure you are having we might be able to help.

Yes, overall .22 can be ammo sensitive/picky.

So the trigger doesn't reset. One shot goes fine then the next round doesn't load properly. The trigger is very loose. The entire gun feels loose. I was told when i got it back it has a spring that will jump out when I try to open up the trigger. This spring is what took so long to get repaired. it supposedly flew out and they had to order a new one to repair. The gun overall could be fun. its pretty accurate. I apologize for not knowing all the lingo or what to call what. I am fairly new. Learning everyday.

So the trigger doesn't reset. One shot goes fine then the next round doesn't load properly. The trigger is very loose. The entire gun feels loose. I was told when i got it back it has a spring that will jump out when I try to open up the trigger. This spring is what took so long to get repaired. it supposedly flew out and they had to order a new one to repair. The gun overall could be fun. its pretty accurate. I apologize for not knowing all the lingo or what to call what. I am fairly new. Learning everyday.
Tbh you may be money ahead by buying a Walther-made Hk mp5 .22 and selling the one u have as a project gun. They cost about $430ish and are very reliable. If you count your time u would be way ahead.
7FE77CE3-F831-4855-BA8E-137F8C3B6A8B.jpeg

Yes, there is a spring that can pop out of the left side of the trigger pack. It also goes in semi counter-intuitive as to how it would seem.

I am trying to understand you problem. Is it a trigger reset problem, a feeding problem or both?

If it is a trigger reset problem look at this video. It will show you how to take the trigger pack out, disassemble and reassemble it correctly,

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top