Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

GSG-5 jam

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Zman, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Zman

Zman renton New Member

Does anyone have an idea on what i could do to stop my gsg from jamming? I've tried a few different brands of .22 but still the same problem. Federal was the last brand i tried cause the reviews looked good. I made sure i cleaned it real good and i even brought my bore snake with. It looks like the mag feeds the bullet too vertical, if that makes any sence. It makes the tip of the bullet bend down then wont fire and gets stuck in the chamber. Thanks!

2. sprice37

sprice37 Albany Oregon Active Member

Have you done anything to the gun? Screw mod, bolt buffer, taken it apart, etc?

3. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Bad mag?

4. Zman

Zman renton New Member

I've taken it apart to clean it really good. Only mods are a double mag clamp and eotec. I diddn't think about the mag. thats possible. But it does it with both mags. I'll check it out

5. sprice37

sprice37 Albany Oregon Active Member

Did you pul the bolt then?? If so you may have put the springs in backwards which will cause that problem

6. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

The double mag clamp is probably the problem. They look good in pics, but really mess with the GSG mags.

7. BulkAmmo

BulkAmmo Knoxville New Member

+1

The GSG magazines can be finicky. If removing the clamps doesn't work. I would try a new magazine, and send it to the manufacturer for repair if it doesn't work with the new or unmodified mags.