Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Grow a back bone america! This isn't a popularity contest!

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by FreedomStands, Jul 1, 2009.

1. FreedomStands

FreedomStands America The Great New Member

THIS ISN'T A POPULARITY CONTEST!

STOP COWERING IN THE CORNER WITH YOUR GUNS IN YOUR UNDERWEAR!

I'm sick to my stomach at what is happening to good American's who believe in our freedom to own guns. They are becoming Sissified by all the Political BS. Liberals and Progressives are rubbing off on good American's and brainwashing them into becoming docile and weak.

They are whimpering away and crawling under rocks to appease the Liberal Left and the misguided GUN GRABBERS.

Yet the Liberals have no problem "OFFENDING" those who cherish the 2nd Amendment by calling gun owners "Zealots" and GUN NUTS.
    They don't worry about offending us when they kick us out of restaurants and stores simply because we choose to protect ourselves and exercise our RIGHTS as Americans.

I'm just glad our founding father's never felt this way.

PLEASE! Go watch speeches by Charlton Heston! YOU WILL SEE A GREAT AMERICAN who wasn't afraid to stand for what was RIGHT! Even if it wasn't popular. A great Patriot who didn't fear making waves and the opposition that came with it!

TAKE A STAND! AND TAKE AMERICA BACK! STOP COWERING IN THE CORNER WITH YOUR GUNS IN YOUR UNDERWEAR!

2. The Duck

The Duck Oregon Active Member

I know that you have a strong message and you mean well, but:

In my own opinion, your text seems mixed, off subject at times and probably insulting to both sides of the debate...

If making a "call to action" to support an idea, clearly state that idea, show a proper route to take to resolve the believed issue at hand and limit the use of finger pointing words such as "you".

Be open with the reader and do not assume that the reader is one of "us". It limits the post effectiveness to reach beyond the target audience...

3. Teufel_Hunden

Teufel_Hunden Albany, Oregon Active Member

Class dismissed!

PS-----your message is right on.

4. Rugerbub

Rugerbub OREGON Member

Right on Sanders320. But u have to give it to the guy he his speaking totally from the heart.

5. PosterGuy

PosterGuy Hillsboro Member

We need a "RANT" forum where all of this stuff goes. Most people agree with the gist of the post, but I'm sick of reading the SAME rant every day by somebody different who thinks they're rallying the troops.

Oh, and by the way, nice copy and paste from a post you already made in another topic.

6. PDXGS

PDXGS Aloha... yes, Aloha, Oregon Member

I give it a 4 out of 10
    -mostly for the grumpy finger pointing

7. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

Your preaching to the choir and this is nothing we have not heard before

come on lets rally the troops and then lets piss and moan and then go home

suggestions anyone????

i would say join off
    even the NRA
    something

read the NRA web site find the boycott list
    its hard to boycott every thing and every one but what i suggest is as a collective pick a few and boycott them for example find a couple action stars (sure we could ban rosi but thats no good since none of us are her audience anyway) spread the word never to pay to see a movie by them and randomly pick others, that will makes other think twice its funny how some of these actors will make gun shooting movies then speak against gun rights

do this with a couple businesses as well NRA has a list

http://www.pinkpistols.org/antigun.html

also take the battle to them thats what they did sneaking into gun sights and posing as one of us, go to forums like on Craigs list and look at the above list and go on the offensive

write your congressman

take the other side out shooting TEACH gun safety

education gun safety we are too busy on the defensive trying to hold our ground but we might want to make our own rules and teach youngsters the importance of gun rights but also just how lethal and dangerous guns are.

We need to find ways to cut down on gun accidents and violence that won't take away our rights the liberal solution is just to take them away they like exercise their first amendment what they don't realize is once their second amendment is gone they really don't have a first amendment anymore.

also gun owning conservatives and gun owning liberals need to see beyond their other differences and band together on this as even seen on this board there are liberal gun owners and from personal experence not are conservatives are gun friendly for example one of my sister in laws a Church going soccer mom was shocked to find out i had guns her eyes got big and her jaw dropped and she said "guns, like real ones " then a look of disgust however since then she has been educated and her opinion has changed

here is a something you can do today that might make a difference post your rant here

http://portland.craigslist.org/forums/?forumID=20
    rules do not be insulting no name calling like libtards ect. but stress the fact that our 2nd amendment gives us the power to protect our others right with out we have no rights also ask to see how many Liberals support 2nd amendment rights

I'll be looking for you there.

8. tonyspdx

tonyspdx Gresham, OR Member

The typical "new" Oregonians. There's Portland metro area and then there's the rest of the state. I remember when Portland could get things done; now it’s a bastion of indecisive city government that can't get anything done. We have a city and state that has been overrun by outsiders; people that haven't traveled pass the confines of their city borders. Our Oregonian culture is being diluted from the inside out in the name of progress. This isn't progress, its conformity.

9. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

Governor Tom McCall said it best

"Come visit us again and again. This is a state of excitement. But for heaven's sake, don't come here to live."

10. Abe Froman

Abe Froman West of Salem Active Member

I wonder if they make an IUW (in the underwear) holster? Where would you put your other stuff?

11. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Does anybody else notice the "banned" under the OP's name? Did this guy get banned for this? It was his first post? Or is it our good friend CastleFox again under a different name? Wierd.

(BTW: I dont think we should give this guy crap because his post was a little sloppy, to me, eveything he said is basically true. It's the message thats important, not how the guy composes his sentences.)

12. Abe Froman

Banned??? I didn't notice that until now. Maybe it was someones troll account?

13. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

I dont know, kinda wierd huh?

14. Abe Froman

Joined last and got the big ax today. Seems a bit fishy, there is nothing in his post that is a violation of the rules. I think we deserve answers!:D

15. btittle

btittle Cascade Locks, Oregon New Member

Yep they do. It is called SMART CARRY.:)