JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm wondering if anyone knows a decent place to hunt upland game bird that isnt too crazy far from portland oregon. I live in Hillsboro and was thinking the coastal range might work, but have no idea if bird populations are decent for hunting. Any thoughts?

I have land on the Olympic Peninsula North of you and have never seen quail and the Ruffed Grouse I have seen and or shot are pretty small but out there. Often they will just land in a low tree and sit there

Find a logging road in around outside of Banks or Timber and start walking. Up 26 towards the coast has a lot of state land you can hunt. Lot's of grouse thumping around tonight when I was out deer hunting. Good time to find them

I saw a ton of them while elk hunting this week near crater lake, though unfortunately we saw no elk. Got me thinking about bird hunting though. Would love to just head west on 26 until the coastal range but I'm not sure if there is any upland game bird there.

I saw a ton of them while elk hunting this week near crater lake, though unfortunately we saw no elk. Got me thinking about bird hunting though. Would love to just head west on 26 until the coastal range but I'm not sure if there is any upland game bird there.

If I may be so bold to ask, whereabouts near Crater Lake? (more or less - most folks don't want to give away actual hot spots)

We were about 7-10 miles north of Prospect. We headed east on the forest roads and camped about 5 miles west of the park boundary. Yeah, there were quite a few grouse hanging out of the roads we walked. Big ones too.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top