JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was curious if members here do get together at local gun ranges with the underlying idea is to not only shoot but open things up to assisting others and sharing ideas etc. When events such as these happen everyone benefits and generally speaking have a good time

For example, I belonged to a Internet group known as "The Usual Suspects" where people come from all around the world and for Oregon and Washington we got together once a year (hard to get such a large group coordinated hence once a year) and do the normal shoots along with large caliber, machine gun and explode things that you can not do on the range.

Any ways thought it was worth asking

PS I get to thinking of things such as this stuck in a bloody hotel room for two weeks :eek:

Before Frontline Arms closed down the had a monthly show and tell. People would bring in their various interesting guns and talk about for a bit and we'd have some pizza. They didnt have a range but it was still fun to chat about the guns.

It would be very cool to have something like that at a gun range where you could shoot as well.

We should try to get something arranged.

I should mention if there are enough people (say 10 or more) I would like to propose sometime in the spring so we are all out of the cold, rain should never be an issue.

Yea - I mention it occasionally if anyone would ever be interested in coming over to 'My side of the Mountains' we have lot of nice outdoor areas close to town yet very acceptable for informal shoots & get togethers but travel always seems to be an issue for many.

We have the outdoor shooting site clean ups coming up soon. And we're working to probably do more over the nicer months. It will be a site cleanup on an outdoor public range, then food and then shooting.

But we could arrange something at an indoor range on some sort of regular basis. I'm sure one of the ranges would be happy to have a regular group come in and do some shooting. I'll check with The Place To Shoot since Im a member there tomorrow when they are back open.

Sounds like fun but there's no way I would pay for the entrance fee, targets and their ammo just to go hang out with some cool people ;).

But I think I'm on the lower side of the income level that it takes to be a regular shooter.

I looked at their prices, they are on the high side. This is why I elected to use ARPC, pay yearly fee, done. I guess what really threw me was they say you must buy their ammo or bring factory ammo get a fee dropped on top of it.

I like indoor shooting but to be honest have not done so for longer than I can remember and have been shooting outside in all weather conditions.

I lucked out there in I got the full membership (including range fees) for a $200 donation to a leukemia charity (which I just deducted from my taxes) and I usually show up with guns that they dont have ammo for so I get to use my own.

After having looked into the cost of building an indoor range, I have a better sense of why they have to charge so much and sell there own ammo. Just stupid expensive to run a range.

An indoor place would be great for showing guns (like antiques and collectors) but we arent going to find a place that will give us a reasonable rate at the range Im afraid.

So we will probably have to do an out door get together.

Occasionally I could see times when it would be nice to shoot indoors but only for maybe accuracy testing of handloads but beyond that it would get boring real quick. I like the changing environment of field shooting outdoors.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top