JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Inherited a beautiful Freedom Arms pistol in .454. Has fixed power pistol scope from Bausch &Lomb. Heavyweight.

Handful of beauty. However, factory grips are too smooth. So far haven't found aftermarket grips.
Am using a Sears mechanic glove which really helps grip. Might cut the trigger finger from the glove cause I don't think I like the feel of the glove on the trigger. Maybe I will wrap the grip with duct tape inside out?

I think you would find that grips with checkering, for example, behave more like cheeze graters on 454 loads. I don't like anything on even my 44 Mag grips. Smooth all the way! FA didn't make them smooth just because they were too lazy to checker them.

If you really want some rubber grips for the model 83, FA put Pachmayer grips on the field grade guns for awhile. You can find them on eBay sometimes. I thought FA was offering them again but I don't see them on their website at the moment.

If you really want some rubber grips for the model 83, FA put Pachmayer grips on the field grade guns for awhile. You can find them on eBay sometimes. I thought FA was offering them again but I don't see them on their website at the moment.

Thank you. Picture was nice. Had Model 29 Smith in .44 mag with "cheese grater" grips. Carried much and shot till hand was sore. Exchanged for Hogue and enjoyed shooting more. Sold that gun after 30 years as I got the FA at my dad's passing. Will provide pictures one of these days.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top