JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So i recently picked up a nice new GP100 to drool over, but i never liked the Hogue rubber grips the new ones come with.

I don't want to spend a lot, but i prefer something classier looking, even just along the lines of the Wiley Clapp grips or the earlier GP100 grips with the wood inserts.

I've been keeping an eye on the classifieds but nothing has shown (that i've seen) in some time. What are peoples thoughts on the grips and does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

I have the old style with the wood inserts and love them.

I bought a set of just the rubber ones with the finger grooves to take with me hunting so I don't have to worry about the wood inserts.

I'll say the older grips feel better and the newer ones make the gun feel more front heavy.

Not that any of that helped you find a set for yours...

No, it didn't, but it confirms what i suspected about the older grips :)

Really think it will go well with some Wiley Clapps :)

I think these are Wiley's on a GP100.

p1249019476-4.jpg

Mine is the 6" stainless and the wood doesn't have checkering on it.

Not sure about grip, the rubber around the wood works well for me, but I think I like the wood without checkering better. You can see the grain better and the rosewood is really beautiful.

Any good/recommended ones? I'm trying not to pay too much for them, i was hoping for someone getting rid of their Wiley Clapps or some originals like yours.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top