JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So what was the actual issue with the ammo aside from the color? You said in your OP that you were looking for "plinker" ammo (or at least implied that was gona be the use) but then said in your other post you associate brass jacket with crap "range" ammo..
I'm a little picky about what I stock and usally stick with known higher quality ammo. For me, "plinker ammo" means "more affordable" when you can get it on a good deal (and stock up) but not the cheapest junk I can find as long as it's brass cased. Never remanufactured/reloads and stear clear of bottom basement brands.

My comment on the brass jacketted stuff, "crap range ammo", was geared toward stuff like blazer. Don't like it, don't buy it, won't stock it.

IMHO, training ammo should be good/reliable enough to be used as back up defense ammo vs. only good enough to make noise with but high risk if you are forced to rely on it.

HG represented their ammo as "premium" training ammo. I'm open to finding a diamond in the rough and giving a small start up a try. You never know, right? Their regular price points where in-line with more decent training/range ammo and with the deal they had going at the time it seemed a fair time to give it a try. Still wasn't in the same price range of the "cheap stuff", but reasonable enough for a test run.

Again, my gripe wasn't simply the color of the bullets. My issue is "not as advertised". If I'm buying copper jacketted ammo, I expect copper jacketted ammo. Otherwise it begs to ask, "what else might have been misrepresented?". FPS? Bullet weight?

Last Edited:
FWIW there's a lot of unknown name brands that are mom and pop outfits that scaled up in 2019-CE during panic buying. I've shot Ammo inc, Atomic ammo, Freedom Munitions, and many reloads, both commercial and house. The one that I've come to like for "plinking" is Freedom Munitions. They used to be a smaller outfit that specialized in remanufature. The company was selling ammo so cheap they went out of business and got bought out during bankruptcy. Now the company is owned by the same as x-treme and LAX ammo. They manufacture their own product, remanufature to the same standards as their new, and sell retail brands as well. I've had a few ftf issues in a Bersa thunder, but that gun was garbage to begin with. Every round went bang and I have no personal distaste for their products. They cost a little more now, but still decent for current market prices, based in Idaho, and they won't gouge you on shipping. Just my opinion if your looking for cheap reliable plinking.

I'm a little picky about what I stock and usally stick with known higher quality ammo. For me, "plinker ammo" means "more affordable" when you can get it on a good deal (and stock up) but not the cheapest junk I can find as long as it's brass cased. Never remanufactured/reloads and stear clear of bottom basement brands.

My comment on the brass jacketted stuff, "crap range ammo", was geared toward stuff like blazer. Don't like it, don't buy it, won't stock it.

IMHO, training ammo should be good/reliable enough to be used as back up defense ammo vs. only good enough to make noise with but high risk if you are forced to rely on it.

HG represented their ammo as "premium" training ammo. I'm open to finding a diamond in the rough and giving a small start up a try. You never know, right? Their regular price points where in-line with more decent training/range ammo and with the deal they had going at the time it seemed a fair time to give it a try. Still wasn't in the same price range of the "cheap stuff", but reasonable enough for a test run.

Again, my gripe wasn't simply the color of the bullets. My issue is "not as advertised". If I'm buying copper jacketted ammo, I expect copper jacketted ammo. Otherwise it begs to ask, "what else might have been misrepresented?". FPS? Bullet weight?
Looking into the company, Dan Austin Weiss is the owner and your CS response was likely his wife or daughter. My guess is they are a very small outfit that grew too big for their britches too quickly and have let standards slide.

Screenshot_20220518-141350_Chrome.jpg
😄 🤣 😂 😆

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews