JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Alright pitmaster's...It's pretty much summer and about time we fire up the grill and share those outdoor culinary masterpieces.

Use this thread to post pics of your creations on the barbecue, share any grilling tips, recipes or any cool pics taken while chilling out in the backyard or park and getting your grill on.

Dutch oven cooking and smoker pics encouraged.

Love, Peace and Bacon Grease!

Last Edited:
I'll go first. Made a homemade dry rub and put it on some tri-tip steak tonight and it turned out great! Side was roasted reds with orange bell peppers, onions and garlic.

Cerveza just enhances the flavor.

20180615_195555.jpg 20180615_195205.jpg 20180615_190622.jpg
20180615_203802.jpg

Last Edited:
Here's a 12# packer brisket from a week or so back... 7 hour cook with 3 in the cooler once it came off.
It was a great day, and a lot of food for 3 people ;)

packer.jpg

I could cook enough for 50 people, but didn't purchase the commercial cookers...
Only about once every other year do I run into the situations where all of my smokers and BBQ's are in use at once. So a bigger, better, smoking beast would get *some* use...

Do others find a regular need to feed the entire block?

Dang...check out the crust on that badboy! You got a rub recipe to share or is it "top secret"?;)
Er....um.....pardon me Mr. Bisley.
Crust is on pies.
That my good man is called bark.

I have a C&C rub that is great bark enhancer for beef.
Made from finely ground espresso coffee and baker's cocoa powder.
I'll post it up when I get a chance.
(and no, you don't taste the coffee or cocoa)

I'm just learning but starting to have some success. These were done on a Weber kettle.

View attachment 474596
Very, very nice !
Nice bark (looks like you did Memphis style ?)
Got the smokering and the nice pullback.

I use Malcolm Reed's guidance, also on a Weber (22.5" OTG)
Nice thing about Memphis is you can sauce some towards the end of the cook for any sauce lovers in the crowd. Best of both worlds AND NO WRAPPING REQUIRED !
Memphis Style Dry Ribs

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads