Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

griffon industries kydex

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by aj82, Nov 23, 2012.

1. aj82

aj82 graham Member

was looking for a good kydex holster. started at bladetech then raven and stumbled upon griffon industrie anyone heard of em or better yet have used one of their holsters? i really like the raven stuff but dont want to wait that long. apparently griffon has stuff in stock ready to ship. so, i dont expect them to be as good as raven but any experieces with this product would be appreciated. thanks

2. Creeper

Creeper Ravensdale, WA. Member

I've got a Griffon for a blued 1911 and it's a very nice rig, but like most Kydex rigs, will scratch the guns finish over time. If you have a polished stainless or finely blued gun, take a look at Garrett Industries "Silent Thunder" rigs... they are leather lined Kydex and very well made.
    I got a "STX Champion" for my polished SS Gold Cup and absolutely love it. Dead quiet draw, excellent fit and finish. These holsters are semi-custom in the sense that there are many options to ensure you get exactly what you need. I've got another one on order for a CZ75. :D

If on the other hand you have a carry gun with a durable finish or don't really care one way or the other what happens to the finish, the Griffon is a superior, well designed, exceptionally well molded and sturdy rig that rides well on the hip and great for everyday, all day carry.

3. mcneal9926

mcneal9926 Oregon Active Member

Look at shepherdsleather.com. I bought one for a P95, and love it. 40 bucks delivered, and well made, metal adjustable belt clips, and you can specify cant/no cant. Take a look, I think you might be surprised. I was.