JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Barnes Bullets put out this call to action to start an email campaign to delist the Canadian Grey Wolf. I am just trying to get the word out to people who are interested in supporting such a cause.

1146423_567228103313410_942369105_o

Dear Fellow Sportsman,

60 SECONDS OF YOUR TIME IS CRITICAL NOW. Right now, powerful and well-funded anti-hunting groups are encouraging their supporters to contact our elected congressional officials, urging them to block state conservation efforts to manage wolf populations and support their radical views. If 5 million American sportsmen respond to this threat now – it’s over. We win for the future of big game conservation, hunting and state’s rights! It is vital that elected officials hear from as many dedicated hunters and conservationists, like you, today. Our native wildlife and outdoor heritage are at stake. With just one click, you can ACT NOW BY CLICKING HERE to send a message of support for the permanent delisting of wolves (removal of wolves from the Endangered Species list) to give states the right to manage their wildlife populations as opposed to federal rules and regulations.

Protect our Wildlife and Outdoor Heritage.

Wolves are doing significant damage to wildlife and domestic livestock populations throughout the West and Midwest. Family ranchers and sportsmen alike are being hurt by the destruction of wolves. In many areas, wolf numbers and overall predator density have led to excessive predation on young and adult moose, elk and deer. Not enough recruitment of fawns and calves have led to dramatic herd declines. The number of herds in crisis or showing serious warning signs due to wolf over-populations are increasing.

Just look at these recent stats due to wolf over-population!

Minnesota Moose
97% Decline: Hunt Closed

Moose in Northwest Minnesota have gone from 4,000 moose to 100 moose in the last 20 years. Statewide moose hunts closed last year.

Montana Elk
80% Decline: Hunt Closed

Elk in Montana’s Northern Yellowstone herd have gone from 20,000 elk to less than 4,000 elk. The late Gardiner Elk Hunt is now closed.

Wyoming Moose
80% Decline: Hunt Closed

Moose in Jackson have declined by the thousands. In some areas, total moose counts are in the single digits. Six hundred moose permits to 0.

Idaho Elk
87% Decline

Elk in Idaho’s Lolo area have declined from 16,000 elk to less than 2,000 elk.

Wolf over-population is a conservation crisis!

What you can do…

Since the USFWS proposed national wolf delisting in June, nearly 100,000 messages have been sent to keep wolves on the endangered species list. The endangered status keeps this uncontrolled predator under federal jurisdiction, and prevents proper management by individual states. By Federal mandate, the opposition wants to force unmanaged wolves into Colorado, Utah, the Pacific Northwest, Arizona, New Mexico, California and other regions of the country. If these efforts continue unchallenged, the threat will spread across the nation.

It only takes 60 seconds to help.

Send a message directly to the President, Secretary of the Interior, U.S. Senators and Representatives in less than 60 seconds. Send the pre-written message as-is, or say in your own words why individual states should be allowed to manage their conservation efforts. Your message will be sent to key decision makers with one click.

CLICK HERE NOW to get started, and thanks for your support.

Yours in Hunting and Conservation,

Ryan Benson
Big Game Forever

P.S. For the most up-to-date news, follow us on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Game-Forever

Barnes Bullets
P.O. Box 620 38 North Frontage Rd Mona Utah 84645

Wolf management saboteurs have playbook for disruption

While wolf hunting may be far in the future in Washington, they are hunted in neighboring Idaho and nearby Montana, and yesterday, a Michigan newspaper reported that wolf licenses will go on sale there Sept. 28, which explains this week's flap over a "how to" manual for hunt saboteurs published by Earth First!

<broken link removed>

We better get a leg up on wolf hunting, or ranchers will have this to look forward to:

176 sheep killed in Pole Canyon - ValleyCitizen - Teton Valley's Local News Source

Pine Creek wolf pack to blame

Idaho Fish and Game and the US Wildlife Services have confirmed 176 lambs from the Siddoway Ranch Company were killed this weekend by the Pine Creek wolf pack.

The Siddoway Sheep Company said in a news release Monday morning that a pack of wolves attacked a herd of sheep around 1 a.m. on Saturday killing 119 lambs and 57 ewes. This was not the first attack for the Siddoway Ranch this year and Regional Wildlife Supervisor for the Idaho Fish and Game, Daryl Meints said this pack has been active for several years.

In the news release, the sheep were grazing between Pole Canyon and the central Palisades Mountain Range approximately six miles south of Victor. In the dark, the herders watching the sheep could not count the number of wolves mounting the attack. Some sheep were bitten, while others suffocated, as the wolves forced them into a pile. This scenario was confirmed by Idaho Wildlife Services State Director Todd Grimes who added that the sheep were running down hill at the time of the attack.

As the sun rose, the herders were able to inspect the kill. [/b]The wolves ate the hindquarters of just one lamb.[/b]
In typical wolf behavior, they aren't killing for food, they are killing for reasons beyond understanding.
There's more at the link, and it is just sickening.

ETA: Another article:
<broken link removed>

Wolves have been in Oregon, since about 2003, I have seen them. I reported them to the (2006) ODFW, they told me I am wrong. I have since spoken with other hunter and they now see them in Molalla thank you tree huggers for bringing in a invasive species, to destroy the Elk and Deer populations

Wolves have been in Oregon, since about 2003, I have seen them. I reported them to the (2006) ODFW, they told me I am wrong. I have since spoken with other hunter and they now see them in Molalla thank you tree huggers for bringing in a invasive species, to destroy the Elk and Deer populations

I believe you. More than once I saw HUGE "dog" tracks in the snow (more than one dog) following deer tracks and this was just on the east side of Mt. Hood. This was probably about 2008-09. No one believed there were wolves here, but I know what I saw and don't think it was anything but wolves.

Once again, SSS.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top