Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gretchen Carlson / Fox News Pushes for AR-15 ban

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by yznhymr, Jun 15, 2016.

1. yznhymr

yznhymr Washington County, OR Member

2. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

I dont hunt. None of my firearms have nevet taken a life and none of them (god willing) ever will. Her arguement is incredibly weak if she is using the "hunting" angle for an arguement.

3. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Why do these bimbos and talking heads keep talking about hunting?

No_Regerts likes this.
  4. PaulB47

PaulB47 Hillsboro Well-Known Member

R's and D's, two wings of the same bird of prey...

I told you guys the R's would sell us down the river at the least provocation.

Pops1911, drs and BlackRyder like this.
  5. OLDNEWBIE

A lot of people assume Fox news is pro2ndA because their commentators and opinion hosts lean conservative but Oreilly and Gretchen and who's next seem to be begging for a ban now.

These people disgust me.

6. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Ironic that she ends with common sense when nothing she said would lead me to believe she was using any when she penned that piece.

nammac, Dyjital and 206thsense like this.
  7. cigars

cigars Beaverton, USA Cav Scout/Armorer/Cold War/Communist Borders Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

A while back I was watching George W. Give a speech, it might have been the SOTU. Anyway, at one point he starts talking about the Mexican border and says that we didn't need a long wall because we were building a "virtual fence". I had enough. While I always supported him I felt like I was just being spoon fed shinola. The next day I went down to the county registrars office and changed my affiliation from Republican to Independent.

8. OLDNEWBIE

Still Voting R myself this go around. Not because I trust them or have always trusted them either. Because among them and the people who vote for them is a glimmer of
    allegiance to the Constitution. More than the Progs anyway.

As for Fox news, they have always had moderates and closet Democrats amongst them.
    Nothing new here except these moderators sense a change in public sentiment and feel it's safe to come out on their beliefs on gun control now.

etrain16, Ura-Ki and Brutus57 like this.
  9. waglockfan

waglockfan Puget Sound Well-Known Member

Well she is a blond so I didn't expect much in the way of smarts from her.

She is a traitor to the constitution

Ura-Ki, Brutus57 and v0lcom13sn0w like this.
  10. Foomamapop

Foomamapop Oregon Coast Member

Hey now, I'm a blond and guarantee you were I to pen a piece for any news network, I would not sound anywhere near like this woman.
    That said, I haven't and won't watch the clip. My blood pressure is already up too high. Everyone is allowed their opinion but can people please, please do a little fact checking before they formulate and regurgitate their opinions all over everywhere.

I had a woman explain to me on Facebook that AR-15s are not rifles. They are assault weapons. This after she said people should be allowed rifles to protect their homes. But not AR-15s. They are black. And scary. And can shoot 700 rounds per minute. And are scary. I've banned myself from most media for a while. It's just not healthy for me right now. I'll be in my safe space if anyone needs me.

Ura-Ki, Pops1911 and Brutus57 like this.
  11. pioneer461

pioneer461 Columbia County, Oregon Active Member

Because they are ignorant and want to stay that way. It would be too much of an effort for them to actually educate themselves on a critical topic. Others of course have a political anti-freedom agenda.

12. pioneer461

pioneer461 Columbia County, Oregon Active Member

How many years has this been going on, and many so called "journalists" still refer to AR's as fully automatic. :mad:

Brutus57 and Dyjital like this.
  13. GUNARCHER

GUNARCHER Well-Known Member

They know the difference---they just perpetuate the lie to convince the unknowing that guns are bad

Ura-Ki likes this.
  14. Foomamapop

They know people will believe whatever they are spoon fed. All the information in the world at our finger tips and few people are willing to do even the most rudimentary Google search. I cannot imagine being passionate about a topic, any topic and yet content to remain ignorant about its basic concepts and components.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  15. jim97701

jim97701 Bend Well-Known Member

The only thing that's fully automatic is their mouth, their brain on the other hand is a muzzle loader.:mad:

Ura-Ki, Foomamapop and v0lcom13sn0w like this.
  16. PaulB47

PaulB47 Hillsboro Well-Known Member

They are here to shape opinion to benefit the rulers, not to report the truth. Don't expect much from them.

"It is a melancholy truth, that a suppression of the press could not more completely deprive the nation of its benefits, than is done by its abandoned prostitution to falsehood. Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Ura-Ki and yznhymr like this.
  17. yznhymr

yznhymr Washington County, OR Member

I still remember reading Orwell's 1984 as it was required high school reading back in the 70s. Shocked, I thought it could never happen in America...yet here we are.

Track down a copy - it used to be shelved in the fiction section.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  18. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Again, let it start here! AR equals Awesome Rifle! 15 equals 15th Edition.

Brutus Out

Ura-Ki and Dyjital like this.
  19. Foomamapop

Now it should be shelved in the current events or political section. I never would have guessed how closely we would align with this book. Animal Farm is also a commentary on our current state. Sigh. I wish I knew how to change our course.

yznhymr, Brutus57 and Ura-Ki like this.
  20. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

On Sunday, one of FNC's on-the-scene "reporters" was talking about the AR-15 being a "very powerful" rifle capable of "shooting 100 rounds in 9 seconds."

WTF?!?

Brutus57 likes this.