Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Grenade Hunting

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by Gooch, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Gooch

Gooch Olympia New Member

I know this is retarded but I think it would be cool to hunt an animal with a grenade.:shootingair: There are probably countries out there that would allow this.

I have never hunted in my life but if I get a chance to do it, I would like to start with an elephant and a grenade. Hehehe

2. jeddedia

jeddedia Wilsonville, Oregon, United States Member

Start with grenade fishing, i'm sure you'll catch something the first time that way!

3. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

Bubblegummed?

4. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Bubblegummed is the forum's curse filter. If you say bleep, it says "bubblegum" or sompin' like that ...

5. Gooch

Gooch Olympia New Member

I just said re-tarded and they bubblegummed it

6. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

You can't be serious?

7. Dutchy556

Dutchy556 Bend, OR Member

Hunt an elephant with a grenade?

optard.jpg

8. buyamonkey

buyamonkey West vancouver WA Member

I'm half thinking this is a joke? I like watching things blow up as much as the next guy, but blowing up an animal is not on the list. Really that would go against the idea of "Hunting" and be something that I wouldn't even try to give a name to other than senseless destruction.

Sense you've never hunted before you might start by reading 30 or 40 years worth of Field and Stream Magazine, and I'm sure some of the folks here could suggest some Fiction and non-fiction that might give you a differnt view to what hunting is about.

Things I would like to see blow up with a grenade...Car, Tank?, tree stump, Dirtpile, box full of Fireworks, you know...the simple things.

Good Luck, maybe you can find a spot on the Somali Pirate hunting Cruise.
    http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7504&highlight=somali+pirate
    :)

Eddie

9. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

When I was 6 my Uncle took me fishing with some of his friends. It consisted of 1) Flashbang grenade, 2) Net.

We got in the skimmer, his friend pulled the pin and tossed it to the middle of the lake, and the fish just came to the top. Told me that the concussion only stuns them, well, most of them.

Can ya guess what state that was in? Food on the table, sport out the window.

10. Gooch

Gooch Olympia New Member

Yeah, I'm not really serious about blowing up an elephant with a grenade. I was just kidding. But I know rich people would go to Africa and pay lots of money to shoot down big games like lions etc. just so they can decorate their walls with their kills. Wouldn't you call that senseless destruction too? Or do you call it a sport just because they used a rifle?

And thanks for the link. That was pretty funny. Too bad it's not real.

11. gallogiro

gallogiro Willamette Valley Active Member

oh geeze. :rollingeyes:

Let me guess, the original post was a set up for the "don't kill the animals" punchline?

great.

12. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

You could always volunteer to go to Afganistan, Pakistan, or Iraq and go "grenade hunting" over there! :thumbup:

13. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

When someone with enough money goes to Africa to hunt for a trophy, none of that meat is wasted. The meat goes to the employees of the guide or professional hunter (there's a better word to use here, but I got a brain cramp and I can't think of it) or is given to nearby villagers. Long gone are the days of killing an animal for it's tongue and leaving the rest to rot...with the exception of poachers...

How about grenade hunting poachers? :D

14. Gunner2007

Gunner2007 Albany Member

15. CEF1959

CEF1959 Willamette Valley, Oregon New Member

I thought this thread was about little kids in Sunday clothes hunting for brightly painted grenades on a grassy lawn. The kid who finds the one with the pin removed loses.

Glad it's about something only slightly less gruesome. :cool:

16. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

What kind of grenades you want to use? I really like those 40mm belt fed grenade launchers... Sure would be fun to let a few rounds off.. However, I think blowing up animals with them is a bit tasteless, sorry pal.