Greetings

Reactions
I found this place while searching for a rifle. Forum member nwo had an ad for a Marlin 336. Unfortunately, I picked one up from an auction the next day. But nwo, I have Marlinitis now so I will be needing more if you still have it!

I have been around firearms all my life, and learned to shoot quite well with friends guns. But I never owned my own gun until now. When I started investigating which rifle would fit my needs I was immediately drawn to the lever action 30-30. I sighted in the iron sights the other day and was able to get a 4 inch group @100yds. My buddy likes it more than his .270 and scope!

Thanks to all of you that contribute useful info, I have learned much here already.

Reactions
welcome to NWF ! yup.... good choice ! i hunted w/marlin 336-30/30 for 20 yrs. then it was one of the guns that went when my all my firearms were stolen...... it's also the first gun i bought when i started collecting again !!
ya get a chanch , check out some of the "stickys" at the top of threads.....it'll help ya get around here easier...enjoy !!

steven

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom