Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Greetings

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by arthury, Jun 28, 2011.

1. arthury

arthury Greater Seattle New Member

Hi folks,

Just a short note to Hi and hoping to learn much from you all. My family and I live on the east side of the Greater Seattle area. Attempting to introduce my kids to shooting and I think it's working.

--
    Art

2. vmkeith

vmkeith Vancouver, Washington, United States Member

Welcome to the group!!! I'm in the process of doing the same thing...ever since I got my 1911 the kids have been begging to learn to shoot. A .45 is too much gun for them, so I'm looking for something more their speed...hoping to get a .22 pistol from my old man for that.

3. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

welcome to NWF ! you'll find plenty of people in your area here to go do a little shooten with ! just a side note .... mite want to check on a safety course for kids . i know it was a great help on my end , and it don't hurt a bit !! enjoy yourself here !!

steven

4. arthury

I agree ... my son shot my 45 and he didn't like it but he enjoys the 9mm quite a bit. I think he will enjoy the 22LR pistol more when it arrives.

5. arthury

Steven,
    Yes, I have been looking around. Some are really expensive ... at least, the ones local to my area. I saw one offered for $15 by NRA but I found out about it too late.

Any suggestions?

6. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

mite want to check with "silverfox" he's in the pierce county area "puyallup" sometimes the smaller areas are a little cheaper, and more often......or maybe just "google" for pierce county........ i lived their for 40 yrs. , and still have family their ,but i'm kinda forgetting a lot..
    good luck

steven

7. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

Welcome!