Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Greetings To all, and thank you for this site

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by brian950se, Jun 21, 2011.

1. brian950se

brian950se Aurora Colorado New Member

I just got this Ruger from my father for a B-day present, its a Mark I (made in the 200th year of American Liberty), looking for heavy Barrell and scope mount, how do I find out year for acc's, unable to ask my father for he has pasted away, looking to make a target or match type pistol, any help would be great Thanks in advance.

2. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome.
    Trying to mod the MK1 is or should be illegal. If you want a custom, build out a MK3.
    The Mk1 is a super pistol as is. Honor your dad and shoot the crap out if. But don't destroy it
    If you don't want the MK1 I have slot in my safe right next to my MK1 :)

3. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.
    I can't help but throw out my two cents on leaving the pistol as-is and enjoy shooting it. If a target or match style pistol is absolutely important to you then get a newer production pistol that was designed for all of the goodies to be added. As far as the the year your pistol was made here is a chart that might help. Good luck and have fun.
    Mike

Ruger Standard and Mark I Serial Number History

4. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

Ok, now I see in your post that you already know what year it was made. My eyes and reading ability are going quickly.
    Mike

5. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

Welcome!

6. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

welcome to NWF ! greetings to you , and thanks for coming to join us ....... we always like new blood from other areas (no pun intended)..my shooting partners (son & grandkids) just moved to ft. collins last yr. jeeeeeeeez i'm still upset about it ! great country there ! look around and enjoy yourself !!

steven

7. vmkeith

vmkeith Vancouver, Washington, United States Member

Welcome to the group!!!