Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Greetings from the wet side of the mountains

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pax, Jan 31, 2010.

1. pax

pax WA state New Member

Hello everyone,

Just joined the site yesterday & realized I was remiss not to introduce myself before posting. (Oops ... sorry! :eek: )

I'm a happily-married mother of five sons, three of them teenagers still living at home.

I work from home as the managing editor of Concealed Carry Magazine, published by the United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA). Been doing that almost two years now; the magazine is just starting its 7th year.

I'm also one of the instructors at the Firearms Academy of Seattle, which is located not in Seattle but just outside Chehalis/Centralia, in beautiful Lewis County.

Although I did a little plinking and hunting as a youngster, I didn't really start shooting or get interested in self-defense until around ten years ago. But as soon as I did, I started taking classes and really studying everything I could learn. My training resume has well over 500 hours on it of classes I've taken, not to mention all the ones I've helped with. It's a joy and a pleasure to help others learn, and a privilege to watch and learn from how others teach.

My personal website is at www.CorneredCat.com -- it's a resource site for women considering or who are new to firearms ownership and concealed carry -- and I've also co-authored a book, Lessons from Armed America with Mark Walters. That was just published in October, so the whole thing is still new and amazing to me.

pax,

Kathy Jackson

2. ron22250

ron22250 Newberg Member

Welcome to the Forum Kathy ! :)

3. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

Welcome to NWFA Kathy!

4. chiefchip

chiefchip Rainier, Oregon Member

Welcome

5. shooter

shooter Ridgefield Member

Welcome to NWF!
    I've seen your website referenced a few times on various posts...glad you decided to join us.

6. willseeker

willseeker N. Portland. Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum pax!

Will

7. JUSTIficatioN

JUSTIficatioN Seattle, Wa Member

welcome pax! awesome site you have, a lot of the info on there goes beyond the barriers of gender. I'm somewhat new to CC world and I found a lot of good info on there.

8. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I have one of your magazines that was given to me by a friend. I have been to CorneredCat. Great site! A must visit, especially for the misses, IMO!

Welcome to NWFA!

9. Bello425

Bello425 Vancouver Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Welcome Pax, have to get my other half to check out your website.

10. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

the wet side eh ?? i moved away from that side 24 yrs ago-don't miss it at all-welcome to the forum,and enjoy yourself.
    steven

11. pax

pax WA state New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. :)

Steven, my husband and I very nearly bought a house in Prineville, lo these many years ago (hmmm, musta been around 18 years back). Beautiful old town. I suspect it's grown some since then...

pax

12. sigman

sigman Olympia, Wa Member

Welcome Kathy. Do you go by Pax on TFL? If so we have spoken before.

13. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Welcome pax, belong to USCCA and enjoy the magazine. Great read on Ted blocker hosters and how they are made. My wife has corneredcat in our favorits...Thank's for your work.