JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone,

Just joined the site yesterday & realized I was remiss not to introduce myself before posting. (Oops ... sorry! :eek: )

I'm a happily-married mother of five sons, three of them teenagers still living at home.

I work from home as the managing editor of Concealed Carry Magazine, published by the United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA). Been doing that almost two years now; the magazine is just starting its 7th year.

I'm also one of the instructors at the Firearms Academy of Seattle, which is located not in Seattle but just outside Chehalis/Centralia, in beautiful Lewis County.

Although I did a little plinking and hunting as a youngster, I didn't really start shooting or get interested in self-defense until around ten years ago. But as soon as I did, I started taking classes and really studying everything I could learn. My training resume has well over 500 hours on it of classes I've taken, not to mention all the ones I've helped with. It's a joy and a pleasure to help others learn, and a privilege to watch and learn from how others teach.

My personal website is at www.CorneredCat.com -- it's a resource site for women considering or who are new to firearms ownership and concealed carry -- and I've also co-authored a book, Lessons from Armed America with Mark Walters. That was just published in October, so the whole thing is still new and amazing to me.

pax,

Kathy Jackson

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. :)

Steven, my husband and I very nearly bought a house in Prineville, lo these many years ago (hmmm, musta been around 18 years back). Beautiful old town. I suspect it's grown some since then...

pax

Welcome pax, belong to USCCA and enjoy the magazine. Great read on Ted blocker hosters and how they are made. My wife has corneredcat in our favorits...Thank's for your work.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top