JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just joined today. I'm a new gun nut in my mid-50's. I live outside of Spokane in the hills near the Idaho border.

Never been anti-gun, just never been interested in them. My dad passed a few years ago and I came into possession of his Colt 1911 (Mark IV - Series 80 LW Commander .45). Dad never shot it after 2004 or so, and after he died in 2012 it sat in my closet four years.

This year I figured it was time to become familiar with the gun and guns in general. Took a basic handgun class at Center Target (Post Falls, ID) and during the shooting portion I fell in love with that gun.

I've set up a range on our property. We live out in the woods and it seems everyone is shooting on their property some days, so thought we better join in. I try to shoot at least once a week.

I'm going to apply for a CPL and start looking for a smaller gun to carry. Perhaps I'm getting old and paranoid, but it seems like the world is increasingly dangerous, and I want the ability to defend myself.

I'm hoping to learn a lot from others' experience here. Thanks for reading.

I posted a photo of the gun and a bottle of whiskey on my blog in honor of my dad's birthday. The whiskey was his favorite, so I take a snort on his birthday and Father's day. That's all I can manage 'cause that stuff tastes awful.

Here's the link:
Firearms and Whiskey

Spokanistan isn't that bad. Now Spokompton (just outside Spokangeles), better watch your schmidt!

These are nothing compared to Spokroit and Spokago. I never go there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top