JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Greetings everyone,

I am currently living in Florida and will soon be moving home to the great and beautiful Pacific Northwest. I am a native of the Tacoma area, but have been living and working in Vero Beach, Florida as a corporate pilot for a private company.

I have decided that I love aviation to much to do it for a living, so I have decided to go back to school at Oregon State University to study Forestry. It is my hope that this will allow me to spend more time with my beloved family and to enjoy everything the Pacific Northwest has to offer...and with luck I will someday be fortunate enough to own my own small airplane so I may continue to enjoy the freedom of flying and teaching others the skills to do so as well.

I am the proud owner of a small collection of Beretta pistols, in addition to a collection of high quality family heirloom long guns.

It is my hope that this forum will help me to understand the laws and culture pertaining to firearms and concealed carry in Washington and Oregon.

Happy and Safe Shooting!

Welcome back to the NW! Flying here is more interesting and rewarding that FL IMHO. We have everything here: coast, mountains, valleys, deserts, etc. And all almost within non-cross country distances. :) Rent a Cub and fly a few feet over the Willamette; or grab a burger with your wife at Independence, or, you got the idea. :) Plus, lot's of real clouds to help you stay IFR current and proficient.:p If you don't have your seaplane rating, a short stay at Seattle should take care of that, too. What about gliders? What can I say, too much to do, too little time and money to spend.

Welcome back to the NW! Flying here is more interesting and rewarding that FL IMHO. We have everything here: coast, mountains, valleys, deserts, etc. And all almost within non-cross country distances. :) Rent a Cub and fly a few feet over the Willamette; or grab a burger with your wife at Independence, or, you got the idea. :)

Ah, yes... but I respectfully decline your cub, and substitute an Aviat Husky 200 HP A1-C with a Garmin G600. (Pipe dream!)

You are so right about the difference between flying in the PacNW and FL. I've logged almost 2,000 hours over Florida and NONE of it was breathtaking...with the exception of having the wind knocked out of me when flying near afternoon thunderstorms in the summer...that was definitely breathtaking in a different way. I will not miss flying in Florida, although it does have it's advantages. No icing...ever.

I couldn't be more excited to come home...I can't wait to breathe the crisp air, drink a GOOD beer, drink some GOOD coffee and enjoy some WILD salmon, dungeness crab and razor clams.

Northwest people are so much nicer too! Are you a pilot?

Yeap. After accumulating a mere 200hr-ish, I let everything totally lapse. Not been a PIC since June 30, 2007. :'( Had trouble passing medicals and other priorities.

I'm sorry to hear that. I have my CFI and CFII. We should touch base after I arrive in the area. If your medical is still an issue maybe we can get you rated for sport pilot privileges (all you need is a drivers license - no medical).

Not wasting any time? :) Thanks for the offer. Corvallis is a bit too far for me, though. Just reminded me of my most interesting in-training IMC flight back in '06. Took about 1.5hr from 7S3 to CVO and ~ 30mins back; ground speed was about 170knots in a C-172! :)

Love your avatar. Let me know if you come to any HIO air shows.

Not wasting any time? :) Thanks for the offer. Corvallis is a bit too far for me, though. Just reminded me of my most interesting in-training IMC flight back in '06. Took about 1.5hr from 7S3 to CVO and ~ 30mins back; ground speed was about 170knots in a C-172! :)

Love your avatar. Let me know if you come to any HIO air shows.

Will do. I'll likely be teaching at HIO once I'm there. A helluva commute, but gotta go where the jobs are.

Welcome home! Just got back from the fish market with the last of the season's crawfish out of Lake Billy Chinook, 1 Dungeness Crab and 1/2 lb. of shrimp.......wash that down with some Black Butte Porter and nothing can ruin your day!

IMHO - Albany Rifle and Pistol Club is a nice facility, not too elaborate, but still nice. My brother flies out of Twin Oaks and my good friend out of Aurora, you'll be in good company.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top