JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Stumbled onto this site by a link over at thehighroad.org. Been a member there, under the handle jakk280rem, for almost two years. I'm not a big poster, it has taken me nearly two years to accumalate 233 posts. I usualy check in every day but have something to contrbute far less frequently.
I'm mostly a pistol shooter; i have some long guns but they don't quicken my pulse nearly as much as a shiny blue wheelgun. Btw, the 586 in my handle refers to my S&W 586-1. I like my SA loaded 1911, but the Smith is my favorite.
I just bought a S&W 642 as my daily carry. My CHL is forthcoming this month. Future plans are for a M57 and a M29. And to finally finish my AR build.
Well, thats all for now. Till later.

yeah, the vaquero is nice, but this one was a bisley. 5.5" in 45 colt. over the coming months i might try to convince him selling it back to me at a small profit would be a good idea.

Glad you are here...perhaps you can help me with a question that I cannot find answers to elsewhere. I thought that a couple of years ago Smith and Wesson made a "hammerless" (although a bit on the large size) 45acp, or 44 spcl revolver. At Northwest Armory I was told many people bought them then brought them to trade in after shooting them as recoil was a bit fierce.

Does anyone know what the model number and caliber of the revolver was? They are now out of production and I would love to find out more about them.

Thanks everyone!

296ti for the centenial frame.
396ti for the standard frame.
5 shot .44spcl 200gr or less on the L frame. aluminum frame with titanium cylinder and shrouded stainless barrel. hot little pistol.

Now if I can only find one. I checked AuctionArms, and GunsAmerica and neither one had either gun....guess I'll keep looking. And I'm still looking for a model 58 too though, the military and police 41 magnum (I think that is the model number).

Welcome to the forum from teh gehtoe.

...eerrrrrrrr Salem.

And a Smith fanatic too. :s0155:

I'm a big fan (snob) of the older Smith revolvers (ones with the hammer mounted firing pin), absolutely love em. 586 has a special place in my heart; had a wonderful 4-inch in school that I stupidly sold. One of the few guns I wish I still had. You still seem them around at reasonable prices from time to time, I need to pick another one up one of these days.

Don't loose too much sleep over that Ruger, you're better off without it (told ya I was a snob). Find yourself a nice 25-5 and you'll never look back.

You should bring your 586 out to I.C.O.R.E. at the ARPC and/or Speed Steel at either the ARPC or TCGC. Lots of fun and good practice.

Since we all love revolvers...

610 (10mm) on the left and 625-2 (45ACP) on the right. :winkkiss:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews