JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Stumbled onto this site by a link over at thehighroad.org. Been a member there, under the handle jakk280rem, for almost two years. I'm not a big poster, it has taken me nearly two years to accumalate 233 posts. I usualy check in every day but have something to contrbute far less frequently.
I'm mostly a pistol shooter; i have some long guns but they don't quicken my pulse nearly as much as a shiny blue wheelgun. Btw, the 586 in my handle refers to my S&W 586-1. I like my SA loaded 1911, but the Smith is my favorite.
I just bought a S&W 642 as my daily carry. My CHL is forthcoming this month. Future plans are for a M57 and a M29. And to finally finish my AR build.
Well, thats all for now. Till later.

yeah, the vaquero is nice, but this one was a bisley. 5.5" in 45 colt. over the coming months i might try to convince him selling it back to me at a small profit would be a good idea.

Glad you are here...perhaps you can help me with a question that I cannot find answers to elsewhere. I thought that a couple of years ago Smith and Wesson made a "hammerless" (although a bit on the large size) 45acp, or 44 spcl revolver. At Northwest Armory I was told many people bought them then brought them to trade in after shooting them as recoil was a bit fierce.

Does anyone know what the model number and caliber of the revolver was? They are now out of production and I would love to find out more about them.

Thanks everyone!

296ti for the centenial frame.
396ti for the standard frame.
5 shot .44spcl 200gr or less on the L frame. aluminum frame with titanium cylinder and shrouded stainless barrel. hot little pistol.

Now if I can only find one. I checked AuctionArms, and GunsAmerica and neither one had either gun....guess I'll keep looking. And I'm still looking for a model 58 too though, the military and police 41 magnum (I think that is the model number).

Welcome to the forum from teh gehtoe.

...eerrrrrrrr Salem.

And a Smith fanatic too. :s0155:

I'm a big fan (snob) of the older Smith revolvers (ones with the hammer mounted firing pin), absolutely love em. 586 has a special place in my heart; had a wonderful 4-inch in school that I stupidly sold. One of the few guns I wish I still had. You still seem them around at reasonable prices from time to time, I need to pick another one up one of these days.

Don't loose too much sleep over that Ruger, you're better off without it (told ya I was a snob). Find yourself a nice 25-5 and you'll never look back.

You should bring your 586 out to I.C.O.R.E. at the ARPC and/or Speed Steel at either the ARPC or TCGC. Lots of fun and good practice.

Since we all love revolvers...

610 (10mm) on the left and 625-2 (45ACP) on the right. :winkkiss:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews