JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings to all. I live in Puyallup and am looking forward to meeting people in my area to hit the range with and swap stories with. I retired from the Army and now fill my time being a stay at home Dad for my two great little girls.
When I'm not playing Mr. Mom, I spend my time at the Tacoma Sportsman Club or at the Fort Lewis range. I enjoy BSing and gaining knowledge while at the range as much as I do shooting. If youre looking for a range partner in this area, feel free to IM/text me. With that being said. I hope to gain a lot of good info from the more experienced shooters/hunters here, so please understand if I ask a lot of questions.
Well now that I've written a book, I look forward to chatting with you all.

Robert

A big WELCOME HERE to ya.
What are ya shootin with if its alright to ask? Me, I'm kind of a 1911 sort and have been getting a bit of love for my AK. You know, some of us old guys go through a lot of gun changing over the years.
Just wonderin?
Dave

Greetings to all. I live in Puyallup and am looking forward to meeting people in my area to hit the range with and swap stories with. I retired from the Army and now fill my time being a stay at home Dad for my two great little girls.
When I'm not playing Mr. Mom, I spend my time at the Tacoma Sportsman Club or at the Fort Lewis range. I enjoy BSing and gaining knowledge while at the range as much as I do shooting. If youre looking for a range partner in this area, feel free to IM/text me. With that being said. I hope to gain a lot of good info from the more experienced shooters/hunters here, so please understand if I ask a lot of questions.
Well now that I've written a book, I look forward to chatting with you all.

Robert

1st of all, thank you for your Service! Next, welcome to this forum!

So, if you retired up there, can we assume that you are, or are not from Puyallup, originally? If not, I know you're already learning what excellent hunting and fishing opportunities exist, between Mt. Rainier, Puget Sound, and the ocean.

I've spent my whole life on the wet side of the Cascades, and although the geography between where you're at, and where I'm at, in Northwest Oregon, is very little different. I will say, however, from my stay at Ft. Lewis many years ago, there was a whole bunch more area, easier-accessed to Tacoma, than in most places in the Pacific Northwest. And now you're retired, I'm envious of your being able to access these great areas, whenever you want to.

When I was up there, and I didn't have much money, fortunately it didn't take much money, to go to Point Defiance, cast off the dock, and we never knew what we'd catch, next. The Sound is truly a gold mine. If you're into shooting little-bitty Blacktails, some of the hugest ones I've ever seen are right on Ft. Lewis. Blacktail hunting is the toughest deer hunting there is. Ironically, although I'm an Oregon native, the first deer I ever shot, was out Grays Harbor way.

Anyway, congratulations on your retirement, and again, welcome to this forum.

WAYNO.

P.S. The big Ruger Collectors Show is coming up, in Puyallup, the weekend of May 15th. If ya look me up, with the Ruger Collectors, I'll buy you a soda-pop. I'd be pleased to meet you.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top