JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm a Midwest transplant living in the great Northwest. I grew up hunting, handling many different types of firearms, I did a stint on the east coast in the Navy, and now I'm re-introducing myself to gun ownership after a bit of a break. I work in healthcare at a large area hospital, I believe in staying vigilant, being ready for emergencies both great and small, living with honor and courage, and not neglecting to show mercy to the weak among us.

I stumbled across this site while looking for reviews and comparison shopping online for several different handguns, I kept seeing it pop up in my search results, with helpful information and answers to many of the questions I had, so I decided to join.

Last Edited:
Thanks for making me feel welcome! I work for an Internist at one of the Legacy Hospitals, and I'm currently trying to get into PA school at one of our two lovely area schools. I just moved to the west side of the river, any recommendations for shooting ranges on that end of things that won't break the bank? I keep seeing Threat Dynamics pop up, but my off-the-cuff impression of their website makes me feel like i could fork out a bit over there.

Thanks for making me feel welcome! I work for an Internist at one of the Legacy Hospitals, and I'm currently trying to get into PA school at one of our two lovely area schools. I just moved to the west side of the river, any recommendations for shooting ranges on that end of things that won't break the bank? I keep seeing Threat Dynamics pop up, but my off-the-cuff impression of their website makes me feel like i could fork out a bit over there.

Threat Dynamics is a really nice range.

I was just there and they charge $25 lane fee $5 ammo inspection fee if you bring your own ammo. Thats it. If you want to buy targets from them or ammo from them thats all extra. And the folks there are very nice.

Also these are non member prices.

Douglas Ridge is really nice as well but I am not to keen on the cost. Last I checked it was like over $300 just to get started. So unless you plan on spending alot of time there it may not be worth the $$$. Also its a ways out for me as I am in Beaverton.

Tri County is booked up but you can go in as a guest if someone you know is a member.

depending on the area you are in, Douglas Ridge is great. Threat Dynamics is awesome for tactical type training and Canby Rod and Gun is great for a very laid back time. Welcome to the Forum and the Northwest!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top