JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello to my new friends or ? at NW firearms. I found your forum by reading about firearm seizures by police that are more about 'to intimidate and seize' than to 'protect and serve'. Yes most of our police from the patrolman to the chief have lost their way. The police were never meant to be so militarized. Anyway, I am a firearm owner from the mountains of East TN, right near the pointy tip. NC is only a few miles to the west, as is VA a few klicks to the north, with Bristol of NASCAR fame about 5min away. I began receiving AARP invitations a few years back so I am no longer in a young or even middle age demographic category. I have a few firearms but could make due with my .45, and .44 (For conceal carry) and the Mossy riot .12 ga with whom I sleep. I am a pro Trump, heavily leaning open minded conservative Christian. I am a Nam era vet who had it too easy while serving. Personally I feel like our Justice system is unfair and biased not to mention crooked with a few good guys here and there. I don't trust any bigger government than neighborhood watch and I don't even belong to that, I don't need an organization of warm bodies other than myself and a friend or two to protect my other friends and the hood'. I think pot and some drugs now used for recreation should be taxed and made legal or decriminalized. I know that sounds reckless but the nutty, wildly overzealous enforcement of drug laws have totally DESTROYED entire families that are otherwise law abiding. For what? The war on drugs actually the war on people the government does not like, or has an issue with. Its that or Uncle Sam needs scapegoats. The punishment is far greater than the crime when it comes to drug possession! I also think we should stop locking the (non-violent) mentally ill and or drug dependent or addicted people by putting a lot more money in treatment, and building more mental health facilities! Lastly I am highly, boo coo anti 'gun control'. Ok I am done. God bless this forum and country~

Last Edited:
Hello See4. Welcome from Oregon. I agree about legalizing drugs. And along with that I think we should eliminate civil forfeiture. And the only gun control I want is making my shots go where I want.

Hello See4. Welcome from Oregon. I agree about legalizing drugs. And along with that I think we should eliminate civil forfeiture. And the only gun control I want is making my shots go where I want.

Thanks for the welcome! Definitely agree with the civil forfeiture comment. I think it presents too much temptation. Not that I feel like there is large scale corruption in our police forces, but I do feel the police seize money cars and equipment too often. It takes a lot of funds to pay for military grade equipment. In our small town a past sheriff requested and received a vehicle that looked like Bradly, complete with a Machine gun etc. I don't know if the machine gun was a heavy MG or a .30, but its the thought that counts...lol (sarcasm)

Welcome! Thank you for your service, no matter how easy. Anywhere close to 'Nam sure had your nerves on edge. Just cut the police some slack - it is the worst that make the news, and those who seize guns are the darlings of the media, and get all the face time. It became such a problem that I stopped watching TV.

Welcome! Thank you for your service, no matter how easy. Anywhere close to 'Nam sure had your nerves on edge. Just cut the police some slack - it is the worst that make the news, and those who seize guns are the darlings of the media, and get all the face time. It became such a problem that I stopped watching TV.

Thanks for your reply po18uy. Well in the army I was what I was known as a REMF**. So for the brief time I was 'there' in country about the worst I had to fear was dropping one of the new IBM Selectric typewriters on my foot! That said I was saddened when I realized I had struck a nerve via reading your reply. I know some of my comments about the police are borderline of respectable, or even acceptable on my part. I apologize to you and anyone else I offended in my use of words on that subject. The average policeman has a job that is more difficult than most of us can imagine. Of course I respect those that protect and serve as much or more than the average Joe. I know what you mean by nixing the TV. I holler at it often especially when watching MSNBC and similar programming because of their 'war'* on those with a 'pro police' or 'pro armed forces' or those who are conservative etc. In other words they seem to despise my friends and other 'normal folk'. So I am hoping that Trump makes all us as rich, and restorers our great nation to lead the world by example as per the late 50's > the 60's. Maybe if that happens a bunch of those on the 'other side' may be encouraged to join us in our love for our nation and its institutions!

Did it for 31 years. I was life NRA before, during and after. Today, gotta watch some of the millennials, as they have been programmed by the leftist media. 'Nuff said.

1984.... Orwell had a vision or some took it and ran with it....:eek::p
Police state.

I fear the ability our Government and its bureaucracies etc have today to monitor and compile information on its citizens and to perhaps use that information for control, or worse. The power of supercomputers are nearly incomprehensible. These computers*can gather and act on trillions of bits of information in real time. Acting in real time is the most dangerous of actives/power that have been engineered into these machines. 'And real time' ability has not been around for long. We already know individuals and groups that reside in the highest branches of our Government lie. It's extremely concerning when agencies with 'police powers' such as the NSA the FBI and others lie to, well, they lie to everyone they happen to see as a threat. You mentioned 1984 (the book and movie) well yes there seems to be some uncanny correlations in the book and daily life in 2018! Or maybe I am a conspiracy nut like Mel Gibson in one of his movies that I forget the title of! Or maybe not. Firearms for now are not computerized, well 99% aren't and mine will never have a micro chip. For that matter neither I or my dog will be chipped. Anyway I am in a near babbling stage because I do get excited about these things, so I will check out ~

* notes; 'real time' in my thread means the any one of several supercomputers can track every digital transaction of every human on earth in real time. That is an ungodly amount of information, personally I can not visualize it.

Did it for 31 years. I was life NRA before, during and after. Today, gotta watch some of the millennials, as they have been programmed by the leftist media. 'Nuff said.

Indeed, and thank you for your service! So true about the millennial's indoctrination by the lefts superb propaganda machine. Hopefully life will be a more influential teacher than the TV and other electronic propaganda they are now saturated with. I love the NRA, and I should get a lifetime membership but this fixed income is hobbling, maybe I will soon find employment to supplement my income.

Welcome from the great State of Jefferson.

I like your thinking. :cool:

Thanks for the words of support GOG! I look forward to reading your and other member's threads. Friendship needs the 'symbiosis' of mutual respect. I hope that makes sense! I usually either PO people I first meet or befriend them! I have a couple of questions, if they are too invasive etc just ignore. The first is about your sc name, if its not too personal why the name GOG, especially as a resident of the (proposed) state of Franklin! Ok the second question if you have the ear of your president I would like to ask if this section Appalachia where I live could be granted a Territory status so as to give the SOF a toe hold in the southeast? Lol! Man I would love to see the state of Franklin become an reality, if it could be done in a bloodless manner....which is sadly unlikely.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads