JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings Northwest Firearms Forum. My name is J Smith. I was born and raised in Washington State. My childhood was spent in Whatcom County. I've always had an interest in firearms from as early as I can remember. I started shooting 22s as a pre-adolescent under the close supervision of my father or older brothers. Back then it was easy to find a gravel pit to spend an afternoon plinking. Unfortunately those private/public shooting areas seem to have dried up.

I now reside in Monroe Washington. I work in the insurance industry as an Fraud Investigator. Work keeps me pretty busy, so there isn't much downtime. When I do have downtime my favorite pastime is shooting. One of my biggest problems is that it takes close to an hour (considering traffic) to travel to any shooting ranges in my area (Bellevue, Everett, or Arlington). And let's be honest, shooting long guns at 25 yards is only "ok". (If there are any other members in the Monroe area I would love to hear about near by public/private land that is open for shooting).

I found this forum using a simple Google search. I read the mission statement and was immediately on board 100%. I like the idea that this is a regional forum that will discuss regional issues. As firearm owners we all know the Pacific Northwest is under extreme pressure from anti-Second Amendment countrymen. I am all about organizing and making sure my voice is heard in the political arena. There have been many instances while voting ( at the local area) that the candidate in question doesn't really have a known stance on the Second Amendment. It will be nice to have a sounding board during those elections. I'm a lifetime NRA member and I just joined the Washington Arms Collectors this year.

I have high-hope's that this forum will be a great source of information, organization and comradery.

Welcome from the great State of Jefferson.

Let me know if you ever get down to Southern Oregon and I'll introduce you to the Josephine County Sportsman's association range. It's one of the nicest ranges in the West and you'd be able to shoot some real distances.
...and I'll buy the burgers after.

Welcome from the great State of Jefferson.

Let me know if you ever get down to Southern Oregon and I'll introduce you to the Josephine County Sportsman's association range. It's one of the nicest ranges in the West and you'd be able to shoot some real distances.
...and I'll buy the burgers after.
Welcome The Adjuster !

That is a beautiful range.
Shot my Dan Wesson there for the first time in '82 and won the match.

Last Edited:
Welcome as for hoping for good info on here mmmmm yep there is lots of info here lol not all good but funny and lots of good I guess lol my brother used to live in Monroe for a few years lol you know that big place right outside of town that has all the lights on at night lol looks like a prison

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top