Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Greetings from Kirkland (where to go to shoot?)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by artbrom, Aug 17, 2010.

1. artbrom

artbrom Seattle area New Member

Hi, everybody.

I came across this forum as a result of a google search for some question I had recently. I love the idea of a forum for those of us in the NW.

I had to join right up, because I'm a fairly new shooter, and I know I've only just scratched the surface of the available activities for handgunners in western Washington. I'm hoping to find more places to shoot. I enjoy shooting at paper targets indoors, but I also crave some variety!

Is there anywhere not too far from Seattle a guy can go to do some plinking? When I lived in L.A., my friends and I used to go camping in the desert just north of Palm Springs. What a playground that was. We'd shoot guns, blow off fireworks, ride dirtbikes, etc. all in the same area.

While I don't really want to go and camp in the desert, I'd love to find a place not too far away that I can drive to and go shoot under the open sky. :D

Cheers,
    -Art

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome!

3. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

Welcome to NWFA!

4. artbrom

artbrom Seattle area New Member

Thanks you guys.

I found a thread that explains where to find a good shooting spot in North Bend, just off I-90. That should do the trick.

Sorry, I committed the most annoyingly common faux pas in internet forum etiquette. I should have done a search, instead of asking the question right up front. ;)

5. sigman

sigman Olympia, Wa Member

Welcome Art.

6. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

Welcome! I used to live on Finn Hill, up Juanita Dr.

I would head out I-90 and shoot off Rd. 10. There are plenty of spots up there. As usual, just make sure you have a safe back-stop. Being a valley, there are often trails above where you are shooting so be extra careful.