Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Greetings from Kirkland (where to go to shoot?)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by artbrom, Aug 17, 2010.

1. artbrom

artbrom Seattle area New Member

Hi, everybody.

I came across this forum as a result of a google search for some question I had recently. I love the idea of a forum for those of us in the NW.

I had to join right up, because I'm a fairly new shooter, and I know I've only just scratched the surface of the available activities for handgunners in western Washington. I'm hoping to find more places to shoot. I enjoy shooting at paper targets indoors, but I also crave some variety!

Is there anywhere not too far from Seattle a guy can go to do some plinking? When I lived in L.A., my friends and I used to go camping in the desert just north of Palm Springs. What a playground that was. We'd shoot guns, blow off fireworks, ride dirtbikes, etc. all in the same area.

While I don't really want to go and camp in the desert, I'd love to find a place not too far away that I can drive to and go shoot under the open sky. :D

Cheers,
    -Art

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome!

3. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

Welcome to NWFA!

4. artbrom

artbrom Seattle area New Member

Thanks you guys.

I found a thread that explains where to find a good shooting spot in North Bend, just off I-90. That should do the trick.

Sorry, I committed the most annoyingly common faux pas in internet forum etiquette. I should have done a search, instead of asking the question right up front. ;)

5. sigman

sigman Olympia, Wa Member

Welcome Art.

6. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

Welcome! I used to live on Finn Hill, up Juanita Dr.

I would head out I-90 and shoot off Rd. 10. There are plenty of spots up there. As usual, just make sure you have a safe back-stop. Being a valley, there are often trails above where you are shooting so be extra careful.