JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
if your just looking to go into the woods and shoot ,you should check out mcgwowen creek its just about a 15-20 minute drive from sprinfield .

Yeah, just watch out for the crankheads out there that might shoot you and take your valuables.

I recently joined the Izaac Walton League of America, just south of Eugene. They have a 200 yard rifle range and several pistol pits. For me the convenience and price prevailed. 7.5 miles from my house and $8.33 per month, **** I spent more than that in gas money just to drive out in to the woods far enough that I wasn't bothering anyone, just to have some "spray and pray" idiot come up behind me and ruin my good time. I have spent some time at the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club as a guest of my brother. It is a very nice range but a little too far for me.

Well I'm no criminal, but I think there'd be easier targets to prey on than a few US military personel with AR15s and 9mms...might be wrong though :D

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check that out!

Is there an age minimum? I am 19 and legally own two handguns purchased in a private sale. Also do you have to buy their ammo? I reload.

Also, I lot of what we do are shooting on the move drills, weapon transition practice, follow-up shot practice, immiediate action drills, etc.

We do make sure to keep our weapons zeroed, and shoot prone routinely to check. But would the mentioned-above be possible at said range?

Well I'm no criminal, but I think there'd be easier targets to prey on than a few US military personel with AR15s and 9mms...might be wrong though :D

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check that out!

Well that's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is AR's are worth about $1000 apiece and 9mm are worth $300+ apiece and there's a group of guys with something else on their minds + methheads looking to score their next high=a no win situation for lawful sportsmen just looking to have a good time.

I take it you are not familiar with the necro-rapist meth addicted murders up there a few years ago. Or, the dead body(s) and stolen vehicles they found up there last month or the alcohol fueled shoot-out up there two weeks ago.

I'm all about protecting myself in situations like this but I also like to assess the risk before I enter any situation. Is the risk worth the benefit? For me the risk that I might drive around out in the hills looking for a good spot and not find anything except a spot where I might get in a shootout with a couple of drunk jack-holes(and eventually end up spending $$$$ to defend myself in court) is not worth the $8.33 a month I pay at a range.

Speaking of easy targets when I was in the National Guard we had a problem With gang-bangers sneaking on a base that we'd stop at on the way to Fort Irwin (I can't remember the name of that place). It seems the threat of dealing with 300 National Guardsmen was worth the risk to grab a couple M16's, something to think about.

Is there an age minimum? I am 19 and legally own two handguns purchased in a private sale. Also do you have to buy their ammo? I reload.

Also, I lot of what we do are shooting on the move drills, weapon transition practice, follow-up shot practice, immiediate action drills, etc.

We do make sure to keep our weapons zeroed, and shoot prone routinely to check. But would the mentioned-above be possible at said range?

I'm not sure of the age issue. I do know that only people that are legally allowed to own the firearms are allowed. You do not need to buy their ammo and reloaded ammo is fine.

You might have to describe what kind of move drills, etc. you are doing.

I don't believe shooting from a prone position on the rifle range would be an issue at IWLA.

I haven't been there long but look forward to spending more time there. I have been reluctant to go shooting because it is such a hassle to go way out in the boonies and maybe have it work out maybe not. I don't go out in a big group and always think I hear banjo's when I'm out there.

PM me and I can get you more info if you want.

Wow, I was not aware that there were such violent crimes taking place at that location - prior to this thread I did not know this location existed. I'll give that place a call, sounds good. Do they have silhouette targets?

if you want shooting buddies, I'll be here until september when I ship out to Fort Leonard Wood, MO...

Thanks for the info.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top