JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm stuck Commifornia due to job constraints. Both my nephews have escaped to Bend and are amazed how 2A friendly ORE is. As soon as I'm able I plan to follow. I may be posting some items for sale in your classified section. Please refer to my Calguns account (same user name) to verify I'm not some troll.
Thanks so much

Welcome!. and you may want to side line Oregon for some place in the mid west we've got our own slew of gun laws looking to mirror where you are currently in the belly of the beast.

Welcome aboard...

Yep, Oregon and Washington seem to be competing with each other to see who can come up with worse gun laws then Kalifornia...

Welcome to the forum.

And sadly the fellows above are correct; if the anti-freedom crew gets their way, California's anti-2A BS will almost seem tame in comparison. :(

I'm stuck Commifornia due to job constraints. Both my nephews have escaped to Bend and are amazed how 2A friendly ORE is. As soon as I'm able I plan to follow. I may be posting some items for sale in your classified section. Please refer to my Calguns account (same user name) to verify I'm not some troll.
Thanks so much
Just a heads up, Bend is becoming California, and what was once a conservative town of working folks is now a liberal utopia. Get yourself a Subaru with a rack for skis and a mountain bike. Ditch the California plates and bring lots of cash for a home. Californian's have made home ownership out of reach for many natives, and a lot have left. There are mountain bike paths and people walking dogs where Elk hunters no longer tread. I'm not trying to be rude, it is what it is and you should be aware of it.

Last Edited:
Just a heads up, Bend is becoming California, and what was once a conservative town of working folks is now a liberal utopia. Get yourself a Subaru with a rack for skis and a mountain bike. Ditch the California plates and bring lots of cash for a home. Californian's have made home ownership out of reach for many natives, and a lot have left. There are mountain bike paths and people walking dogs where Elk hunters no longer tread. I'm not trying to be rude, it is what it is and you should be aware of it.

You're too right! I moved there for work from 2004 to 2006 during the first boom, and that's how it was then. I couldn't take it. Just too much "cool" going on. No place to go in the woods for peace and quiet. Run off the trails by mountain bikes. Flipped off on the streets by guys on mountain bikes.

LOL my boss had a Subaru (WRX?) and was big time road bike guy. Work cars were all Subarus.

What a struggle to find a place to live! My wife and I bought a beat up old (1972) double wide trailer for $100,000 and sold it 2yrs later for $145,000. Every home for sale had bidding wars. We got beat out on 8 diff offers to buy. Meanwhile we lived in a borrowed 5th wheel trailer on a friends property.

I guess those prices were cheap living for those that sold a modest home in Cali for $800,000, but it sure made it tough on us peons.

I couldn't wait to get out of there!!!!!!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads