JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy. I am a gun nut from Alberta.

A fellow from Firearms Talk referred me here when I asked about getting some range time and instruction for my wife and teenagers this summer on our planned trip down the Oregon coast. Handguns are a real pain here as the Gun Zombies have convinced a majority that they are evil and will cause the owner to have a Shining experience.

Anyway, if anyone cares to recommend a nice range with patient and highly competent instruction available, I'd sure appreciate it. My girls know how to handle long guns, not short guns. I want to fix that so if all goes well, I'll jump through the hoops to buy a pistol(s) again when we get back home.

Thanks in advance.

Appleseed doesn't address pistols. It is a great program though.

Here is list of ranges in OR. http://www.muck-boy.com/Shooting Ranges/Muckboy Oregon Shooting Range Page.htm

The ones I saw on the coast are private. Finding an instructor at some ranges might also be an issue.

Maybe the answer is to look for instructor in an area or a class in the area or close to it. I'm guessing trying to find at NRA instructors in the area who offer private lessons might make sense because they would probably have access to a range. The NRA site has a link to find instructors.

Thanks. I should've known that, I'm a life member. I'll go have a look.

You may have more luck around the I-5 corridor which is be a ways from the coast but might work depending on your travel plans. Feel free to pm me if you can't find anything.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top