JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently transplanted from the southeast "other coast" ;) (our kids live here) and was searching for just this kind of site - one that's relative to an interest I have, and the area in which I now live. Firearms ownership seems somewhat "challenging" lately and it's nice to find a site where like-minded people can congregate.
A USAF vet, I was trained on the the Cal 30 carbine and Colt .45 (which should be indicative of my age :)). I'm a retired L.E.O. (30+ years spanning 2 departments) and over the course of my career carried the following service weapons; a S&W Mod 10 - Colt Det. Spcl. - Beretta M92 - and finally, a Glock 19. However, I' ve always favored the 1911 and my CCW's are medium and small-framed pistols of that design. I consider myself generally "knowledgeable" in the area of firearms but am not a "fan boy" or a collector. I've always viewed them as simply a tool of my trade with which to become proficient, but also believe they can be useful everyday items..... for those who are aware enough (and responsible enough) to go armed. Glad to be aboard! B.G.

Recently transplanted from the southeast "other coast" ;) (our kids live here) and was searching for just this kind of site - one that's relative to an interest I have, and the area in which I now live. Firearms ownership seems somewhat "challenging" lately and it's nice to find a site where like-minded people can congregate.
A USAF vet, I was trained on the the Cal 30 carbine and Colt .45 (which should be indicative of my age :)). I'm a retired L.E.O. (30+ years spanning 2 departments) and over the course of my career carried the following service weapons; a S&W Mod 10 - Colt Det. Spcl. - Beretta M92 - and finally, a Glock 19. However, I' ve always favored the 1911 and my CCW's are medium and small-framed pistols of that design. I consider myself generally "knowledgeable" in the area of firearms but am not a "fan boy" or a collector. I've always viewed them as simply a tool of my trade with which to become proficient, but also believe they can be useful everyday items..... for those who are aware enough (and responsible enough) to go armed. Glad to be aboard! B.G.
Thank you for your service and welcome to a GREAT place to have fun!:)

Welcome from the Couv. Love the 1911. But what is not to love of Saint John's finest accomplishment??:rolleyes:
1572046625657.png

Welcome from the Couv. Love the 1911. But what is not to love of Saint John's finest accomplishment??:rolleyes:
View attachment 627809
Nice looking piece - it sure brings back memories. I/we worked in a guarded "secure" compound and had to carry them all the time. The one I was issued - the bushing was was so 'shot out' that you could wiggle the bbl with your little finger. LOL.

I was just down in lacey today, scoring a good deal on a sig 1911. Transferred at south sound guns.
Get your Washington I.D., 90 days here get your cpl.

Last Edited:
Guns are just a tool of your trade? Riiight. How many websites do you join to talk about hammers or screwdrivers? ;) But hey, it's okay to admit just liking and being interested in guns and shooting here. You're among friends. Welcome from the gun-totin old broad contingent.
Carol

Welcome aboard Bob, You'll find lots of folks on here that have forgotten more about firearms than most folks will ever hope to know. There is a good mix of Seasoned shooters and folks brand new to it all.

I sold a Ruger M77 in .243 to a fellow that had been a State Trooper in S Carolina, He said that they had a 3 deer limit back where he was (back then.) Did you ever get out after Whitetails back where you were from? What about Bobwhites? I've never hunted either, because we don't have em here. (We have whitetails up in the NE portion of the PNW, and a few in the Columbia river and near Roseburg Or. I am not certain exactly where in the SE you came from?

Anyway, welcome to the site, and to the PNW.

Welcome and thank you for your many years of service!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top