JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello All,

Lifelong gun owner, but have not always had my guns with me. My wife, who did not grow up around firearms, could not handle guns in the house we raised our daughter in.

Now our daughter is grown, and my wife has come around.

Bought a S&W SD9VE in January of 2017, and it was over a year before I shot it. It is my first semi, and my knowledge base stunted in about 1990, so I had a lot of catching up to do, and no Daddy to help me clear a jam in the dark. Ran no ammo until I could strip it blind.

I never served (Thank You to all that have/do), but my Dad was a Marine and I was handling weapons in grade school.

Got my CC permit this winter and have been EDC since late Jan.

My knowledge is catching up, and learning the CC culture (we had gun racks in HS when I was young) has been eye opening.

Shot wherever we had a backstop on BLM land in the 70's and 80's.

Where can I guy spend some time getting muscle memory and rusty skills back in shape near 97058, 97040?

And Thank in Advance!

Hello and welcome aboard!

There's The Dalles Rifle and Pistol Club (The Dalles Rifle & Pistol Club-Home) and White Salmon's Mount Adams Fish and Game Association (https://www.mtadamsfishgame.com/). I'm sure you can find someone here to host you in The Dalles; I can do so for White Salmon, where my login picture was taken.

There's a new and very fine range under construction just across the river from The Dalles at the junction of Routes 14 and 197. Many of us are eager to see it completed and open. When that day comes, I'm sure there will be good coverage of it here.

There are a number of popular spots in the local forested areas for shooting as well, though I don't know the details. Anyone else want to chime in?

Best to you and yours!

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I had heard rumors of the coming range. Good to read.

I work in real estate, so I know who owns what on my side of the Columbia, and I have permission on some private land, but my wife's Outback would not like to trip to get there. I am looking for what I am sure is a valuable information, and TTYTT I wouldn't give up my Honey Hole to a stranger in the first day, either.

The joy is sometimes in the hunt!

Hello All,

Lifelong gun owner, but have not always had my guns with me. My wife, who did not grow up around firearms, could not handle guns in the house we raised our daughter in.

Now our daughter is grown, and my wife has come around.

Bought a S&W SD9VE in January of 2017, and it was over a year before I shot it. It is my first semi, and my knowledge base stunted in about 1990, so I had a lot of catching up to do, and no Daddy to help me clear a jam in the dark. Ran no ammo until I could strip it blind.

I never served (Thank You to all that have/do), but my Dad was a Marine and I was handling weapons in grade school.

Got my CC permit this winter and have been EDC since late Jan.

My knowledge is catching up, and learning the CC culture (we had gun racks in HS when I was young) has been eye opening.

Shot wherever we had a backstop on BLM land in the 70's and 80's.

Where can I guy spend some time getting muscle memory and rusty skills back in shape near 97058, 97040?

And Thank in Advance!

Welcome aboard. It's a good place to be. I worked on my "muscle memory" for the last 3 days in a row...... Hopefully they open the gun range across the river and then you can shoot over there. However, There will be a daily fee of $15.00. I think it's bs, but hey, I probably won't shoot there. I much prefer just paying a cheap membership fee and shooting when ever I want... Like for instance, where I shoot in Stevenson WA. Just got back from there a few hours ago:
yL3LKpy.jpg
MjzCHz2.jpg
a4pR6qD.jpg

The new benches kick butt!!

Generally, when I'm not at my clubs range, I'm shooting off of my bench in the national forest. I know some good spots:
VEgQIX1.jpg
rWhHRrE.jpg
YTnWmXa.jpg

I shoot rain or shine in your area:
Z4vJw9C.jpg
Kl2VRPt.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show