Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Greetings everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by golfnutrlv, Jan 19, 2009.

1. golfnutrlv

golfnutrlv Spokane, WA Member

Hey everyone. Greetings from Spokane Valley. Found my way here through the firing line.

golfnutrlv

2. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Hey another Washingtonian, good show. Post lots, and we like "picchers o' stuff."

:cam:

3. shooter

shooter Ridgefield Member

Welcome to NWF. Like to golf? I have done a bit of golfing over the years.

4. golfnutrlv

Ya, golfed all my life. Work in the golf business too.

5. shooter

What do you do in the golf business? I worked in the industry for 7 years before leaving to start my own business.

6. golfnutrlv

I am a PGA professional at Spokane Country Club. Winter has caused me to be unemployed at present, which is not terribly fun, but necessary.

7. shooter

The winter season can be a little rough, although most courses keep their pro's on staff throughout the winter. I was a PGA professional for 5 years and a Director of golf for 2. It's a very fun career and often times very rewarding when working with youth golfers. I hope you get compensated and appreciated for all of the long hours that are required of a professional. As much as I love the game the industry didn't provide the financial rewards that I was seeking. Now I enjoy playing in Saturday games for a little extra gun money. I've found it's much easier to strike up a money game when you don't have to announce that you're a PGA pro.

8. DB Cooper

DB Cooper Springfield, Oregon Member

An old Muzzle Loader friend of mine from North Carolina, was asked by a guy he worked with if he ever played golf. Charley replied, "Heck no, I'd rather shoot my balls than hit 'em with a stick."

9. golfnutrlv

Shooter, A lot of what you mention is in my mind too. Tough digs for what you get paid. While I am at a very nice facility, with great people, the checks are a little lean. Currently looking for a job in IT that pays better, and uses my skills in that area a little more effectively.

10. Scrammer

Scrammer SW Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Greetings from the soggy SW side of the state

11. JumpWing

JumpWing NK WA Member

Welcome aboard!

12. BUZO71

BUZO71 Emerald Valley, Oregon New Member

Welcome from Salem